1080p ASUS Transformer Prime TF700T Debuts at CES
Just when you thought Android tablets had reached a peak with the ASUS Transformer Prime, the company drops a new and improved version of the tablet in your lap. The ASUS Transformer Prime TF700T is an Android tablet with a higher 1920x1200 resolution display with 1080p. That's one impressive display! But if you thought the upgrade stops there, you're wrong.
The tablet will now feature shock-resistant Gorilla Glass, and the front-facing camera has been bumped to 2MP from the previous 1.3MP Otherwise, it's got the same ultra-powerful Tegra 3 1.3GHz quad-core processor with WiFi b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 and microHDMI.
And don't worry: it'll work with the Prime's original keyboard dock.
Here's a list of all the new features:
- 10.1” (1920x1200) Super IPS+ panel, with a 178 degree viewing angle
- 1.3 GHz Quad core Cortex A9 NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor (with 12 core GeForce GPU)
- 8MP rear camera with autofocus, LED Flash, and 1080P recording and 2MP front facing camera with HD video chat
- 32GB/64GB internal memory, plus 8GB of ASUS Web Storage
- WLAN 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
- 2-in-1 3.5mm jack, micro-HDMI output, and microSD card reader
- 25WHr lithium-polymer battery (should have the same battery life as the TF201)
- 263 x 180.8 x 8.3mm and 586g
I am excited to see ASUS already stepping up to the plate this year at CES but...damn! I bet a lot of brand new owners of the ASUS Transformer Prime aren't going to be so pleased that their tablet is already (technically) out-of-date.