My Problems with the HTC Sensation
Today the Internet is buzzing over the Sensation's supposedly unresponsive screen. While I've never had a problem swiping the ring to unlock my phone, I have had a few other problems with my Sensation – many of them unexpected from a flagship device by one of the world's leading smartphone manufacturers. One sound issue I had was so far-reaching that it made my phone essentially inoperable for an entire day. Read my issues below and let me know if you've experienced similar problems.
- Lockscreen cut in half – Occasionally, my Sensation's lockscreen will appear with a large black box in place of the bottom half of the screen. The ring will appear at the top half but, non-sensically, I'll still have to drag it from the bottom half. This usually goes away after restarting the phone, but not always. It also seems to happen after I haven't charged the phone in a while.
- Overheating – Sometimes at night the phone will become especially hot while playing a demanding game.
- Weather animation goes blank - Occasionally my Sensation's integrated weather widget will come up blank even when connected to the Internet.
- Slow Internet – Even when getting full bars, the Internet on my Sensation will be painfully slow.
- No Sound - One day, the sound completely stopped working after I watched a film on the Sensation. I couldn't hear calls or ringtones even after re-starting the phone, leaving me with un-workable phone. The problem resolved itself in a day.
We've also gotten complaints in our forum about unresponsive screens and weak antennas. This is a troubling list of bugs for such a highly-touted new device, but hopefully an update to Sense 3.0 will fix most of them.