We just came across an app launcher that makes all of ours look like measly Windows 95 desktops. The launcher is called TSF Shell Pro 3D and it contains the kind of features we'd kill to have –including the ability to arrange apps in just about any configuration you can imagine. That's not even mentioning the weather app which displays landmarks from your current location or the "props" bar which allows you to create your own live wallpapers.
The launcher was created by a development team that calls themselves C3D. TSF, their brand, is an acronym for "The Special Forces" – an apt name if I've ever heard one. While the launcher is still in development, the team recently released an 8-minute video that demonstates all of its features. If you don't have time to watch the whole thing, check out our favorite features in handy list form, as well as when they appear in the demo, below the video.
SPB Shell 3D: We love you, but you've got some serious competition:
- Select multiple apps and re-arrange their position on your homescreen as a highlighted group (:50)
- A "lassow" feature that allows you to rope together your favorite apps and herd them into a new screen or throw them into the trash (1:18)
- The ability to tilt apps into any position for a completely stylized app presentation (1:35)
- 3D music app with a neat scrolling feature (4:37)
- A weather widget that displays your current city's landmarks (5:17)
- A "Props Bar" for creating totally personalized live wallpapers (5:37)
- A map feature that looks like a wagging flag (7:22)