Personally, I hadn't given the HTC Vivid much thought as this seasons big three - Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Rezound and the Motorola Droid RAZR- dominated reporting but the top shell isn't where most consumers do their shopping. I've always had a soft spot for HTC Sense and judging from the demos I've seen the Vivid has done away with the stuttering issue that some HTC devices were pledged with. Also the spec sheet is quite impressive for the Vivid's low $199 price tag.
The HTC Vivid features:
- Android 2.3.5 with HTC Sense
- 4,5 inch qHD display
- Resolution: 540 x 960 Pixel
- 1,2 GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm APQ8060 processor
- 16 GB internal memory
- 8MP and 1.3 MP cameras with dual LED flash
- Video Recording with 1080p at 60 fps
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/1900 Mhz, LTE 700 Mhz
- HSPA, EDGE, GPRS
- microSD card slot (up to 32 GB)
As I said above a read out like that at $199 isn't to shabby and the device in general has a well polished feel to it. If you're looking for a well rounded smartphone this holiday season that won't break the bank, the HTC Vivid might just be the Android phone for you.
Related HTC News: