Android 4.2.2 for Galaxy S3 Firmware Leaked, Download it Now!
Steven Blum has written more than 2,000 blog posts as a founding member of AndroidPIT's English editorial team. A graduate of the University of Washington, Steven Blum also studied Journalism at George Washington University in Washington D.C. for two years. Since then, his writing has appeared in The Stranger, The Seattle P-I, Blackbook Magazine and Venture Villlage. He loves the HTC One and hopes the company behind it still exists in a few years.
The Android 4.2.2 update for the Galaxy S3 has leaked online ahead of its official release date – and you can download it here! To note: there have been Android 4.2.2 update leaks in the past, but this is the most complete yet.
SamMobile is the first site to get its hands on I9300XXUFME7 - Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean test firmware for the Galaxy S III. It includes a number of software enhancements, like a new Galaxy S4-esque lock screen, support for multiple widgets, an additional "light" unlock effect, improved ripple animation and the ability to change the clock size and post a personalized message.
According to SamMobile, the official update can be expected in July or August, although we don't yet know for sure. Previously, SamMobile reported that the final version was supposed to be released in June.
This new firmware also features Adapt Display mode which optimizes colors based on ambient light conditions, a new Daydream mode, actionable notifications and the addition of voice control settings. Not only can you see a video of the update in action, read about all of its features, but you can also flash it on your device!
Android 4.2.2 Build ID: JDQ39 Features:
- New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget
- Found more? Tell us about them in the comments below!