Word has it that the HTC One has finally received the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, which is in line with the rumors that we heard of at the end of last month. This particular update weighs in at slightly more than 400MB, and will be made available to carrier-free HTC One smartphones worldwide. If you haven’t yet received your update, being patient would be a good idea. Needless to say, the HTC One Android 4.2.2 update will bring with it a slew of improvements and changes for the better which you can check out after the jump.
HTC One Android 4.2.2 Update Improvements
Among the improvements that will be introduced to the HTC One via the Android 4.2.2 update would include the following :-
- Slick right side notification quick control area with many new controls too
- Improved Zoe image management
- Six new Highlight Video themes. Check out the Android Central post for all of them.
- Removal of stupid Power Saver breaking the notification shade
- Actionable screenshot notification
- Instagram support in HTC BlinkFeed
- Removal of black bar, making Home button the menu bar
- Swipe up from Home to launch Google Now
- New widget support for lock screen
- Dock bar moving improvement
- Updated wallpaper setup
- Improved camera utilities
- Daydreams screensaver animations
The HTC One has been put through a battery of tests by us, and we are obviously more than happy with it. In fact, this could be the smartphone that might help put HTC back on peoples’ radars, but unfortunately, their stock has yet to reflect the HTC One’s prowess. Reputation takes time to build, I guess. Hopefully with the Android 4.2.2 update for the HTC One, it will be able to turn a good smartphone into a truly great one, an amalgamation of software and hardware that function as one.
Would you get the regular HTC One or the HTC One Google Play Edition?