Behind our stress, clutter, and confusion is an infinitely spacious place one might call Stillness or Joy. This is our natural state of being, yet we hardly know it because we are caught in a web of attachments to things, worries, and ...Read more
Behind our stress, clutter, and confusion is an infinitely spacious place one might call Stillness or Joy. This is our natural state of being, yet we hardly know it because we are caught in a web of attachments to things, worries, and outcomes.
Your Spacious Self eBook App delivers the entire award-winning book in the palm of your hand with unique multi-media features not available anywhere else. As a stand-alone, or as a companion "extra" that brings the book to life, the app takes your clearing practice to a whole new level.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Your Spacious Self is not your ordinary guide. Here’s what you’ll experience that is different (and why most clearing efforts, though well-intentioned, do not last):
• Clutter is defined broadly as ANY thing or thought that gets in the way of experiencing your best life. It is not just what you see spilling out of your closet. “Clutter” is also the noise spinning around in your head, old habits that no longer serve and support you, stuck energy. (Neatniks, this includes you too!)
• Clutter is not the problem. It is "holding on" to it that creates a force-field of stuckness that clouds your perceptions and paralyzes your life.
• Clearing is not linear. Clearing is not a finite task that you do when you have the time and energy, but an ongoing practice that promotes well-being and letting go. It is a journey that balances “doing” with a mindful “non-doing” – a receptive approach that invites you to slow-down and quiet the mind.
• Clearing side-effects are normal. Feeling overwhelmed, confused, or congested, when clearing out a closet, for example, is a normal and welcome by-product of the journey. It is what happens naturally when you release stuck energy. Allowing these “weather patterns” to arise with awareness – without fixing, changing, or personalizing them – is the key to lasting change.
• Talking about clearing IS clearing. Clearing is even more powerful when you gather your friends or book group to join you. This book shows you how to organize and lead a “Clearing Circle” with discussion topics that are easy to modify to suit any group need or size.
• Clearing never ends, it just gets better, more juicy, and more fun. Written by one of the world’s leading space clearing experts and teacher with 35 years experience, Your Spacious Self offers a wealth of tools and resources to last a lifetime.
ABOUT THIS APP
This app includes the complete text, plus numerous multi-media features designed to deepen your clearing experience. These include:
• Audios: four short guided meditations ("Ease," "Enough," "Allow," "Rest") and a longer “Your Spacious Self” visualization – all recorded in the author’s voice – designed to help you slow down, quiet the mind, and ease into new habits of clearing.
• Workbook: short contemplation exercises to help you integrate each of the ten chapters of the book (with space to record and review your answers).
• Videos that show you how to cultivate gentle self-care.
• Links to online content to support your journey.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Stephanie Bennett Vogt, MA, is one of the New England’s leading space clearing experts. She brings over 35 years of experience to SpaceClear, the teaching and consulting practice she founded in 1996 helping homes and people come into balance. Stephanie teaches her inspirational clearing programs at centers worldwide including Kripalu and the New England School of Feng Shui, and shares her unique perspectives on simplifying, personal reinvention, and letting go as a course contributor for DailyOM, and a columnist for the Huffington Post.