Meet up without the hassle of using multiple apps to coordinate, communicate, and navigate. Now there’s an app for all that: Scout. It’s the only app that let’s you chat, make plans, and meet up in real life all in one super easy ...Read more
Meet up without the hassle of using multiple apps to coordinate, communicate, and navigate. Now there’s an app for all that: Scout. It’s the only app that let’s you chat, make plans, and meet up in real life all in one super easy experience—including getting there with turn-by-turn GPS directions and everyone’s real-time ETA on the navigation map.
* New! Keep it in your circle — Scout is about getting together with you and the people you know – only those whose phone numbers are in your contacts list. People can only see the chats and meet ups they’re invited to and can leave the conversation with just a swipe.
* New! Smile for the camera — Snap a selfie for your Scout profile pic or pick your best shot from your existing photos.
* New! Know what’s coming up — See your upcoming meet ups on a map so you know where you need to be and when.
* Easy to use — Scout is now easier to navigate, starting with you on the map! In addition to traffic-based commute times, recent and favorite places, you can now also chat, meet up and more.
* Chat that leads to real plans — From spur-of-the-moment hangouts to a planned movie night, chat with friends about what to do and where to go, and then actually do it all in Scout.
* Meet up hassle-free – One app for everything. Choose who meet up with, pick a day and time, select a location, and you’re set. You can even chat before and after your get-together with all invitees in the same meet up stream.
* Drive together — Everyone meeting up gets voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions to the destination and sees each other’s ETA on the navigation map while driving there, so you’ll know if ‘”five minutes away” really means “I haven’t left yet!”
* Never get lost with the most up-to-date maps – OpenStreetMap (OSM) powers Scout’s maps with a community of more than 1.6 million editors making regular updates to the map. Your use of Scout will automatically help OSM map quality.
* Beat traffic everywhere you go – Get the fastest routes based on real-time traffic and be routed around accidents and jams. Help others on the road by reporting traffic incidents, congestion, police, and construction hazards.
* Save money and time on parking - Scout’s arrival guide shows you the nearest and cheapest parking closest to your destination
* Get help when you need it – customer support is available online at ourcommunity.scout.me
* Join our community – Keep up with Scout at www.facebook.com/scoutbytelenav, @scout on Twitter, and @scoutbytelenav on Instagram
-- What’s the word on Scout?
“Scout is as easy on the eyes as it is easy to use.” - Mashable “Scout wins Best for Design” Travel & Leisure, Best GPS Apps for Travel
Notes: •Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life. •Scout’s map and search coverage is currently for the USA only.
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Mar 18, 2015
INSTALLATIONS: 5,000,000 - 10,000,000
LATEST VERSION: 2.4.0.0072
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 3.0 and up
discover known accounts
Allows an application to get the list of accounts known by the phone.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
read contact data
Allows an application to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious applications can use this to send your data to other people.
Allows application to access the audio record path.
Allows the application to control the vibrator.
change your audio settings
Allows application to modify global audio settings such as volume and routing.
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
view Wi-Fi state
Allows an application to view the information about the state of Wi-Fi.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
create Bluetooth connections
Allows an application to view configuration of the local Bluetooth phone, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
coarse (network-based) location
Access coarse location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine approximately where you are.
fine (GPS) location
Access fine location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
access extra location provider commands
Access extra location provider commands. Malicious applications could use this to interfere with the operation of the GPS or other location sources.
prevent phone from sleeping
Allows an application to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
Allows an application to disable the keylock and any associated password security. A legitimate example of this is the phone disabling the keylock when receiving an incoming phone call, then re-enabling the keylock when the call is finished.
automatically start at boot
Allows an application to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the application to slow down overall performance of the phone by constantly running.
Allows an application to configure the local Bluetooth phone, and to discover and pair with remote devices.
read system log files
Allows an application to read from the systemʼs various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the phone, but should not contain any personal or private information.
read phone state and identity
Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to, ect.
directly call phone numbers
Allows the application to call phone numbers without your intervention. Malicious applications may cause unexpected calls on your phone bill. Note that this does not allow the application to call emergency numbers.
send SMS messages
Allows application to send SMS messages. Malicious applications may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.