Features & Use
Testing device: HTC Desire
Android version: 2.2
DavDrive performs in the same way as a server would in the internet. You can access your phone via a browser or one of your file managers.
This allows you to work on your files exactly as you would from you computer.
• Copy file
• Move file
• Edit file
• Delete file
The downside (for which we’re knocking a star off the rating) is that it isn’t possible to access your computer from your phone. That’s a bit of a downer, but we’ll manage without, even without this feature.
Screen & Controls
DavDrive is extremely easy to use. In order to activate the app simple press on the on/off button. An IP address will then appear; the address has to be pasted to the browser. Please note that you need a login and password for the browser—the font of the pop up that tells you what to do is rather small and can easily be overlooked.
Press the menu button in order to access the following settings:
• Start: You can select if you want DavDrive to start up atumotically.
• File system: Create your core system as well as activate the Read Only mode which will ensure that no one can overwrite your SD card
• Authentification: Create a login and password
• Connection: Choose between http and https in order to create a port
• More Settings: A bunch of settings that might be of interest to professionals, but not essential for “average Joe’s”
DavDrive provides your Android phone with fast, stabile connection. The app supports Mac OS X, Ubuntu, and Windows, which should make it easy for everyone – even those of you who don’t have a lot of experience dealing with smartphones – to connect your computers to your cell phones.
Anyone who’s like me and needs/wants to move large amounts of files to your phone will find DavDrive to be an absolute must have.
Speed & Stability
DavDrive reacts very quickly. Copying and pasting large amounts of data works really well.
DavDrive can be downloaded from the Market/AppCenter for 0.99€. Considering what this little app is capable of the price is totally justified.