Any of you guys have gaming computers?

• Replies:27
Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Apr 9, 2010, 9:30:52 PM via Website

I love to play online FPS shooters like CSS, DoDS, COD4, TF2, Red Orchestra, and modded versions of those games. Anyone else here share my passion? If so, let me know and I can add you on xfire to game together sometime.

I had a gaming PC back in the US, but here in Deutschland I can only play PC games on my Macbook Pro, so I can't play games like I used to.

Feel free to post you computer specs here for comparison!

Mine:
Apple Macbook Pro
2.6GHz C2D
2 GB RAM DDR2 667
8600M GT 512MB
Windows XP Pro 32bit

— modified on Apr 12, 2010, 1:36:54 PM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 602

Apr 9, 2010, 11:26:34 PM via App

I'm playing TF2 and some CSS when I feel like doing so - so not on a regular basis.
My machine is a Dell Studio 1555, Dual-Core 2,1 GHz, 4GB RAM, some kind of ATI graphics (HD 4570?) with 512MB.1920*1080 on a 15 inch display, worth looking at (:

Kay R.
  • Forum posts: 2,171

Apr 10, 2010, 6:30:20 PM via Website

Hi there,

I'm playing Day of Defeat and Day of Defeat Source and sometimes Call of Duty 2 :) I'm a little bit addicted to WWII games B)

Sometimes I'm playing Left 4 Dead and TF2, too :P So ... most times I'm available at Steam ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981819296 )

PC:
AsRock AliveXFire e-SATA2
AMD X2 6000+
ATI 2600Pro

Playing with:
Logitech G15 (Keyboard)
Intelli 1.1 (Mouse)
Fatal1ty (Headset)

Best regards,
Kay

— modified on Apr 10, 2010, 6:33:01 PM

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Apr 30, 2010, 7:41:07 AM via Website

I'm not much into FPS but I play an MMORPG called Dark Age of Camelot. My computer is a Dell Dimension XPS 730. Quad core i7, 6gb ram, 500gb total, dual 10k rpm WD raptor drives in raid 0, Dual ATI crossover video cards. I'm wanting to upgrade the drives to crucial SSD and get the new ATI 5970 graphics cards.

Douglas Carter

May 6, 2010, 4:54:57 PM via Website

Anyone in Europe that has a gaming computer, where do you go to buy your components? Newegg is really popular in the US, but they don't ship to Europe, so that is out of the question. Brick and mortar also count. Preferably not mom and pop stores, as they might be hard to find :wink:

— modified on May 6, 2010, 4:55:12 PM

stefan glibetic
  • Forum posts: 20

Jun 1, 2010, 10:14:49 AM via App

most gaming computers are the same hardware wise, but have different cases. i set up my own gaming computer for 400-500 euros. i bought all hardware in a computer store, got a normal case and then put it all together. its better to buy the parts then install them or have some one do it for you, rather then buying a already made computer that cost 2-3x times more... saves alot of money even when i living in europe

Douglas Carter

Jun 1, 2010, 12:42:23 PM via Website

stefan glibetic
most gaming computers are the same hardware wise, but have different cases. i set up my own gaming computer for 400-500 euros. i bought all hardware in a computer store, got a normal case and then put it all together. its better to buy the parts then install them or have some one do it for you, rather then buying a already made computer that cost 2-3x times more... saves alot of money even when i living in europe

That is what I was saying, I am looking for a store/online shop that sells hardware components, as I have built PCs before and I know how cheap it is to do it yourself.

Kay R.
  • Forum posts: 2,171

Jun 11, 2010, 5:44:38 PM via Website

I'm buying my hardware at www.mindfactory.de and www.hardwareversand.de ... but these 2 are german sites and I don't know if they ship to US.

Btw Douglas, we have to play a round CSS or something else together ... you've added me but we didn't played! :grin:

Best regards,
Kay

Douglas Carter

Jun 11, 2010, 6:20:31 PM via Website

Kay R.
I'm buying my hardware at www.mindfactory.de and www.hardwareversand.de ... but these 2 are german sites and I don't know if they ship to US.

Btw Douglas, we have to play a round CSS or something else together ... you've added me but we didn't played! :grin:

Best regards,
Kay

No, I live in Berlin. I know plenty of good sites to buy computer components in the States, but I was looking for good ones that ship to Germany, so I can build a computer here.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jun 17, 2010, 6:51:07 AM via App

Douglas Carter
stefan glibetic

That is what I was saying, I am looking for a store/online shop that sells hardware components, as I have built PCs before and I know how cheap it is to do it yourself.
I use www.newegg.com to build my computer in the US.. not a big gamer.. but built a gaming rig anyway.. use with my 42" plasma with wireless keyboard and mouse.. have 2 TB of storage for movies and music.

Douglas Carter

Jun 17, 2010, 2:59:18 PM via Website

Newegg is definitely THE place for comp hardware in the states, I built four computers with hardware from there, and never had a defective product out of everything I received. Maybe this summer I'll collect the money required to build a mid-range rig again, as this laptop can't do it all.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jun 18, 2010, 6:32:28 AM via App

Douglas Carter
Newegg is definitely THE place for comp hardware in the states, I built four computers with hardware from there, and never had a defective product out of everything I received. Maybe this summer I'll collect the money required to build a mid-range rig again, as this laptop can't do it all.
Newegg was voted: "Best Overall Online Store to buy Tech" in 2010 and has over 13 million registered users.

Ben Caronna
  • Forum posts: 24

Jun 18, 2010, 5:59:44 PM via App

www.newegg.com

No better site. I've built 4 computers and bought every single part from that sight. All of their parts can be bought for 1/4 the price of other places and the only thing that ever went bad was a $4 PCI slot fan. Go to newegg you won't be disappointed!!!

Ryan Erickson
  • Forum posts: 93

Jun 24, 2010, 5:31:49 AM via App

i have an alienware m17x laptop i am in love with this monster! it has an intel core 2 extreme qx9300 quad core at 2.53ghz overclockable to 3.0ghz i have 4 gigs of 1333mhz ram ddr3 expandable to 8 gigs this also has a 256 gig solid state hard drive and to top off this monster dual nvidea gtx280ms with a gig or ddr5 video ram for a grand total of 2 gigs of graphics memory....keep in mind this is all in a laptop haah it weighs 14 pounds

Douglas Carter

Jun 24, 2010, 2:07:10 PM via Website

Ryan Erickson
i have an alienware m17x laptop i am in love with this monster! it has an intel core 2 extreme qx9300 quad core at 2.53ghz overclockable to 3.0ghz i have 4 gigs of 1333mhz ram ddr3 expandable to 8 gigs this also has a 256 gig solid state hard drive and to top off this monster dual nvidea gtx280ms with a gig or ddr5 video ram for a grand total of 2 gigs of graphics memory....keep in mind this is all in a laptop haah it weighs 14 pounds

And what games do you play on there to justify having such a beastly desktop replacement?

— modified on Jun 24, 2010, 2:08:08 PM

Ryan Erickson

Jun 24, 2010, 3:10:02 PM via App

i am in love with unreal tournament3 left for dead 1 and 2 medival total war rome total war and lord of the rings battle for middle earth2

Ryan Erickson

Jun 24, 2010, 5:21:28 PM via App

I leave the fps for my ps3 and the strategy games for my PC

Douglas Carter

Jun 25, 2010, 4:14:42 PM via Website

I was talking about graphically stressful games that affect your game's fps (frames per second.) Too bad about FPS games though, as I wouldn't ever want to give up my mouse because of it's sheer precision.

Have you ever tried World In Conflict? It was really big two years ago, as a military strategy game. It involves resources, but you don't have to collect them, as every person has a set number and can buy different combinations of units to fight against the opponents. Up to 8v8 gameplay. Lots of fun for me.

— modified on Jun 25, 2010, 4:17:14 PM

Ryan Erickson

Jun 25, 2010, 8:33:09 PM via App

my most graphicaly demanding game would have to be left for dead 2 and i use fraps to see where my frames are during intense battles i get around 50 with everything turned to max and resolution at max

tidany
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 9:28:50 AM via Website

Why you talk about the Newegg, i don't think their company have a great mange.8o
Now, i usually play more games on Android Phone or tablet PC, i don't advocate install more 3D game.
So what's the game you play on your phone or tablet PC?

haipad m701+

— modified on Nov 19, 2011, 10:33:52 AM

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Nov 9, 2011, 11:50:34 AM via Website

I have an Xperia Play and I have to admit I play more Dead Space on the Play then really much else. I'm really big into survival horror games so I also am known to give Amnesia or Left4Dead2 a run through every now and again. Quality games really.

Kendal-jenner
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 15, 2011, 2:34:23 PM via Website

I enjoy to play computer game

Android Advantage
  • Forum posts: 12

Jan 11, 2012, 3:33:44 AM via App

I used to make a check from tournaments playing CSS!

3.4 quad core GHz.
8GB ram.
crossfire HD 6890a
SSD sata drive (speedy is nice).

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Jan 11, 2012, 8:53:18 PM via Website

Douglas Carter
Anyone in Europe that has a gaming computer, where do you go to buy your components? Newegg is really popular in the US, but they don't ship to Europe, so that is out of the question. Brick and mortar also count. Preferably not mom and pop stores, as they might be hard to find :wink:

I buy mine here in Germany at Alternate.de .. Fast, cheap and reliable

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 2, 2012, 5:03:56 PM via Website

I use to BURN UP CS Source, but now I play mostly RPGs vs FPS. B)