created on Apr 20, 2010 5:21:23 PM
Buckaroo Banzai made this comment:
HTC is now using the Atmel mxt224 screen vs. the old Synaptics 2000. The Atmel is a known component of the upcoming HTC EVO 4G - I just didn't think they'd implement it this soon. Looks like they have. It's not merely a software enhancement on the Incredible over the N1; they are indeed using a new screen type. Very nice.
Here are some of the specs of the Amtel mXT224 taken from AndroidandMe and Amtel's website:
* usable on screens up to 10.2"
* position data is reported at >250Hz
* supports stylus, fingernails, and gloves
* low power consumption
* size and angle of touch recognized
* unlimited touches
* Signal-to-Noise ratio (SNR) of up to 80:1
* small footprint with few external components
This is a big improvement for touch screens capabilities. Now we just have to hope more companies start following suit.
Taken from my blog post =)
created on May 28, 2010 1:44:59 PM
I saw a story a couple of days ago that said the new touchscreen was also coming to the Samsung Galaxy S