New to Android - Need a little help
created on Oct 4, 2010 4:23:20 AM
I got my new Android phone as a gift last week but still don't know much about the cool apps i've to install. Can i get some help please?
please suggest the best apps for the following. no malicious apps pls.
1. sending free messages to friends (preferably bluetooth)
2. To do list maker
3. sound recorder (for recording lectures while in class)
4. some cool games
5. something to keep my phone safe from hackers
Thanks in advance
created on Oct 11, 2010 12:58:05 PM
— modified on Oct 11, 2010 12:59:28 PM
So you are running a Nexus One with Android 2.2?
1. This app allows messaging over bluetooth to another Android handset: http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.androidotcom.bluetchat/Bluetooth-Messenger
2. Try this app for a to-do list: http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.myzu.todolist/To-Do-List
3. I believe that every Android phone comes with an audio recorder built-in as part of the operating system, but there are apps that you can download which will do it as well, and that may work better for you. Maybe give this one a try and see if it works out for you: http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.samalyse.free.tapemachine/TapeMachine-Free-Recorder
4. These are a cool games/ recommended apps threads:
5. When you say that you want to protect your phone from hackers, do you mean from people hijacking it over the internet or something? I haven't heard of that happening to anyone yet, but there have been some apps which many people thought may be viruses/malware. This is an Android anti-virus, but it is hard to say whether it does a good job, because there aren't very many, if any, Android viruses running around ruining peoples' phones.
If you are also concerned about your phone being stolen, I recommend adding a pattern lock code onto your Android phone. This can be done in settings, security & location, screen unlock pattern.