Android Forum » Android » Android Apps » Let me show you my app... » My Ocean: Coming this April (Freemium)
My Ocean: Coming this April (Freemium)
created on Mar 27, 2011 4:13:49 PM
— modified on Jul 6, 2011 12:53:52 PM
For all you fish, aquarium and ocean junkies out there, we here at Digital Play have cooked up a great free/freemium Casual-Social Game focused on breeding fish and MANY other sea creatures (including wide varieties of reef fish, mantas, stingrays, seahoreses, sea turtles, sharks, whales sharks, dolphins, etc).. .
What we have worked hard on doing is setting ourselves apart from the other fish/breeding games out there but really giving you GREAT 3D graphics and REALISTIC fish and sea creature movements and animations, not to mention dynamic and addictive gameplay!
I'll share a few videos with you guys of our upcoming game.
You can see everything on our website here:
Or check out our first two videos:
Episode 1 gives you a peek at breeding fish in your aquarium.
Episode 2 gives you a nice look at the progression in the game from a tiny aquarium to Massive tanks with huge sea creatures, on up to your own OCEAN decorated the way you want.
Some Basic stats for the fish loving crowd out there:
* We will feature 100s of real and realistically modeled fish and sea creatures for you to raise and breed and will be constantly adding new creatures.
*Social Gaming that allows you to share and help friends and see and compare aquariums and Oceans.
*My Ocean will give you high quality 3D graphics that take advantage of the power of the latest Android and Iphone platforms.
* My Ocean will be released next month in mid April
* It will be a FREE (Freemium) game.
* Initial release will be for Android V2.2 "Froyo" phones and iOS ( iphone 3G and iPodTouch 3 Gen or newer)
* Later releases will come out in summer for Ipad and other smart pads as well as playability on Windows and Mac PC's.
* We hope to have a late summer release for a downloadable screensaver of your favorite Tank/Ocean for your computer.
* Yes, don't worry, MY OCEAN is full of AWESOME!
Thanks for your time guys.
-Nick - Digital Play Support Guy.
created on Apr 26, 2011 5:36:20 PM
Hello Guys and Gals,
So it is official, My Ocean will not be released this month.
After we released our videos and game information we attracted the interest of a very large company that is interested in publishing our game.
We are in the process of negotiating details, so at this stage My Ocean will not be released this month. If we work out a deal with this company then the game will be even larger and more detailed than we had planned and we would be running a world wide beta test if that were the case. (Previously we were not planning a Beta Test).
At any rate our team is still working very very hard on the game and in the next week or two I will have more details about our game developments (even more features) and a possible new release date.
Thanks for the great comments and continued interest.
We really appreciate it.
created on May 15, 2011 7:26:51 PM
Sorry for the late response.
We are still currently in negotiations with that "large" and well known company.
Rough Release Date:
So I have to say that depending on if they decided to publish My Ocean or not our release date will range from roughly mid July to Mid September. I will know more in the next few weeks. But we are GREATLY expanding the game over what we had originally planned. All the graphics are being improved to HD and we are adding tons of new elements to the game.
Yes to Possible Beta Testing:
As for Beta testing, we originally hadn't planned to run a beta, but now it looks like we may do a worldwide Beta Test. I will post more details on how to apply to be a beta tester IF and WHEN the time comes.
Don't worry, I will let you know more as I know more.
created on Jun 7, 2011 10:57:09 AM
Hey Guys and Girls!
Okay, we now have a solid date on our initial release.
We are planning a worldwide beta that will start in August. I will give you more information about how to apply to be a beta tester at a later date.
Our initial release of MY OCEAN will be in September.
MY Ocean will be available for Android and iOS
iOS: Ipad, Iphone (3GS or better) and Ipodtouch (3rd gen or better).
Android: All Android phones and devices, including tablet PCs (Froyo OS or better).
We plan a PC release in about November as well as a downloadable screen saver that will allow you to watch your favorite tank or ocean on your PC/MAC.
Nick- Digital Play
created on Jul 3, 2011 1:01:56 PM
Here is a bit of information about the various ways you can interact with your fish and sea creatures. Also I will let you guys know more as we get closer to the Beta Test in August.
Fish Interactions in My Ocean:
1. Feeding: Of course you can feed your fish
2. Breeding: When you have two fish of the same type who are both fully mature and fully happy you can have them breed.
3. Happiness: When you click on a fish to check it's information it's happiness rating will naturally increase.
4. Buy, Sell and Gift: You can buy fish, sell fish and give fish as gifts to your friends.
5. Moving fish around: You can move fish from one type of tank to another tank (you can have perhaps a dozen different tanks as well as your own Ocean.
6. Decorations for fish: You can buy some decorations that certain fish will interact with. For instance the Clown fish will hang out in the Sea Anemone.
7. Glow in the Dark:Currently we have one creature, a jelly fish, that glows in the dark. You can go into the light settings and turn off the light to see your jelly fish moving around in the dark (It's pretty cool). Plus you can change the lighting by adding different light filters or brightening or darkening the tank.
8. Calling your fish: You can hold your finger down and gradually all the fish will come to your finger.
9. Taking your fish for a walk: Once you have called your fish by holding your finger down you can drag your finger and the fish will follow your finger around the tank.
10. Keeping track of fish: If you want to look at individual fish you can hunt them down and click on them, but sometimes it's hard to find the exact fish you want so you can hit a fish icon that will bring up a menu that shows all your fish in that tank along with their maturity and happiness scores.
11. Shaking things up: You can eventually buy creatures like snails or starfish. They will crawl up the sides of the tank. You can shake them off by shaking your device and they will fall off and slowly drift back to the bottom of the tank.
12. Photo Op: Once you become really attached to your fish you can take photos of them and use them as a wallpaper background for your computer.
Speaking of photos, I will post some photos by the end of the week.
Nick at Digital Play
created on Jul 3, 2011 5:04:48 PM (via AndroidPIT app)
created on Jul 6, 2011 12:34:41 PM
What is wewec??? Sorry.
created on Jul 6, 2011 12:56:14 PM