Android Forum » Motorola Android Phones » Motorola Droid Forum » Motorola Milestone Forum » How do I perform a hard reset on my Motorola Milestone?
created on Jun 7, 2011 2:59:33 PM
1. Turn off the device. Then take out the battery and put it in again.
2. Hold the camera button as you turn on the device. Hold the camera button pressed until the display shows the Motorola logo. Then let go of the power button and continue pressing the camera button until you see a triangle with an exclamation point.
3. Now hold down the camera button and presses the volume up button at the same time to bring up a menu. (Might need a few attempts)
4. With the volume button you now select "Wipe all user data" and confirm this with the OK button
5. Then you confirm the security prompt again with the OK button
6. The reset initiates and you must confirm the restart after.