HTC Sensation — Weather widget problem

• Replies:10
Peter Long
  • Forum posts: 74

Jun 16, 2011, 11:25:47 AM via Website

I love the weather widget on the HTC Sensation. It just might be one of the most awe-inspiring features of the phone, especially when I'm showing it off to friends. But for some reason, yesterday the widget doubled the weather animations between two cities and laid them on top of each other. After that, it worked again, but it freaked me out a bit, and made me worry that my phone might be infected with malware or something. Has anyone else had this problem with their HTC Sensation? Maybe it's a bug that'll be worked out in an update...hopefully.

— modified on Sep 16, 2011, 3:41:30 PM by moderator

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Jun 16, 2011, 12:05:41 PM via Website

Weird! I have never heard about such a problem! Have you restarted your phone? Does the problem still appear?

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 16, 2011, 4:26:45 PM via Website

If it happened just once, I bet it's some weird blip. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but you could let HTC know for their next update..

Jeffrey Panit
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 26, 2011, 3:37:55 AM via Website

I am having trouble with my weather program itself. Its giving me sound effects, accurate weather, but the animation is gone. Its just giving me black screen with the temperature and other info. HELP PLEASE.

Alan Chisholm-Turner
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 27, 2011, 7:12:18 PM via Website

Jeffrey Panit
I am having trouble with my weather program itself. Its giving me sound effects, accurate weather, but the animation is gone. Its just giving me black screen with the temperature and other info. HELP PLEASE.

I am also having this problem. The animations worked fine initially, but after a couple of days they have stopped working and I cannot find any reason or solution.

Steven Blum

Jun 28, 2011, 2:43:07 PM via Website

Hmm.. sounds so strange. Do you mean the weather animations on the widget, the lockscreen, the clock or the weather app?...there are many, many weather animations on the Sensation :grin:

Alan Chisholm-Turner
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 28, 2011, 7:16:57 PM via Website

Steven Blum
Hmm.. sounds so strange. Do you mean the weather animations on the widget, the lockscreen, the clock or the weather app?...there are many, many weather animations on the Sensation :grin:

My problem was with the weather app; I emailed HTC via their website and the reply I received said that I needed to do a hard reset. However the problem seems to have resolved itself as the animations are working again.
Others at work who have other HTC models tell me that it was a general problem with the server that the animations download from, their phones were also not displaying the weather animations in the app, and that the issue on the server was resolved last night.

Claudine Gandolfi

Jul 2, 2011, 4:45:30 PM via Website

Hi, new here specifically for this problem.

My HTC Sensation - only 2 weeks old. The weather animations (not the one on the clock, but the large full screen one once you tap the weather widget) are now gone. I just have a black screen but the info (temp, humidity, etc.) is still current and working. It's just the animation that's gone.

I've tried restarting, but not a hard reset. I'm new to Android, will I have to reinstall everything after that?

Steven Blum

Jul 4, 2011, 9:49:53 AM via Website

Hi, new here specifically for this problem.

My HTC Sensation - only 2 weeks old. The weather animations (not the one on the clock, but the large full screen one once you tap the weather widget) are now gone. I just have a black screen but the info (temp, humidity, etc.) is still current and working. It's just the animation that's gone.

I've tried restarting, but not a hard reset. I'm new to Android, will I have to reinstall everything after that?

Yes, performing a hard reset would cause you to lose all your data, but you can back it up beforehand. For a primer on how to back up your device, check out this post.

But, as the post shows above, the problem might resolve itself without a hard reset. I'd try contacting HTC. It could be a minor bug that'll be fixed in a coming update.

For more information check out our HTC Sensation Forum or blog

— modified on Sep 16, 2011, 3:40:49 PM by moderator

Alexia Keahey

Will K-T

Oct 17, 2011, 5:59:53 PM via Website

I have a similar problem. When I first got the phone it displayed my location with name, eg. Putney, London but now it only says 'Current Location' and doesn't change this despite the fact the weather changes. Does anyone have any advice on how to get my location back? The Weather Channel widget manages so I don't think it is a location/permissions issue!