Welcome to the new HTC ChaCha forum!

• Replies:197
Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 20, 2011, 11:21:23 AM via Website

We hope this forum becomes filled with great questions and helpful answers!

Laur Wood
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 26, 2011, 5:48:15 AM via Website

Hello! It is a great phone, very nice, but...from where i can iluminate the keypad? Is it an option somewhere or my cha cha have a problem?
Thank you very much!

Steven Blum

Jun 27, 2011, 10:25:19 AM via Website

The keyboard on the ChaCha should illuminate whenever you're in a low-light situation.

You can try to turn it on manually by going to settings ---> language and keyboard. Let me know how it goes...

Helen Walford
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 10, 2011, 2:35:50 PM via Website

Hi, just wondered if you could help me. i bought my htc cha cha on thursday and the setup went fine and i've been using it with no problems. however, on the friday a small blue square with an exclamation mark inside popped up on my home screen and i cant seem to get rid of it. would you be able to tell me what this is and how i can get rid of it?

Steven Blum

Jul 10, 2011, 4:25:49 PM via Website

Hi there!

Does it happen when you're typing the "sym" or 0 key? This error has been documented by other HTC ChaCha users as well.

Definitely looks like a bug. Try updating your phone to the most current version of the software. If it doesn't go away, I'd recommend a hard reset.

Helen Walford

Jul 11, 2011, 10:47:29 AM via Website

thank you for your help - i just did a software update and the square seems to be gone :)

Helen Walford

Jul 16, 2011, 7:26:56 PM via Website

Hi, just wondered if there was a way that i could stop facebook events from appearing on my calendar widget? It seems to sync them automatically.

Steven Blum

Jul 18, 2011, 10:14:44 AM via Website

Hi Helen!

Go to the Calendar app itself (rather than just the widget) and select Settings > Calendars... then you can choose to un-check the "Facebook" calendar option. Hope that helps!

-s

Sue Marshall

Jul 20, 2011, 8:57:25 PM via Website

Steven Blum
We hope this forum becomes filled with great questions and helpful answers!

Hi

I am really pleased with my new Cha Cha and i am slowly but surely getting to know all it's features. However, I have recently made a website and I can successfully get the website on my cha cha but the images are missing. I get the website up on my husband's (somewhat inferior) iphone and the images appear! I have checked settings and the 'show images' box is ticked. Other websites i search on my cha cha have images but not this one site. Any ideas?

I tried to fill in your form about technical details of the phone but it wasn't listed:)

Thanks

Thomas Tan
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 29, 2011, 3:12:04 AM via Website

Hi,

I really need help. I bought my Chacha on 26th July 2011 and my phone have a problem oredy. Just 1 problem only.
My end call button not functioning. I can call and answer calls but I cant end the calls.

What should i do? send back the Chacha to replace a new 1 or there is a bugs that need to update?

From,
Thomas

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Jul 29, 2011, 8:29:30 AM via Website

What do you mean with: "It doesn't work"? Does simply nothing happen? I had a same problem with an other phone. When I updated the software, it worked. But if it is still not working after it, I would send it back to change the phone.

Thomas Tan

Jul 29, 2011, 8:58:22 AM via Website

Yes nothing happen. I try press the end button to end a call but nothing happen. I always end my called by slide down from above the screen and press the red colur phone icon to end the call. My provider say that they won't change a new phone to me but will take to service.

I want to know if this is software problem or the phone problem?
If it is a software problem i can wait for the update. I try to search this problem in the internet but nothing show up.

trevor

Jul 29, 2011, 7:21:18 PM via Website

hi,
I've just bought the chacha for my daughter, she loves it!
Unfortunatly she's used 300mb's of her 500 allowance in ten days. She claims she's not been up or down loading anything except a few apps at home which should have used the house wireless connection.
Does the chacha automatically use wireless rather than 3g?
How can she turn 3g off?
Is the phone always connected to face book?
And can anybody explain the very high useage?
Any help could avert a potential grounding and confiscation situation!!
Thanks
Trevor

Steven Blum

Aug 1, 2011, 10:20:59 AM via Website

Hi Trevor,

Sounds like your daughter's in a bit of a pickle...hope I can help. :grin:

You can teach her to turn the mobile network off. It's quite simple...all you have to do is press at the top bar on the screen and drag down, then un-click Mobile Network. Make sure this is always un-clicked to cut down on the amount of data used.

What might account for the high usage is the fact that ChaCha is always connected to Facebook and Facebook chat, unless you turn off Mobile Network.

To see which apps are sucking up all her data, you can have your install an app like 3G Watchdog or Netcounter

Also, here's the entire user manual for the HTC ChaCha.

Cheers,

steven

— modified on Aug 1, 2011, 10:22:07 AM

T K See Tho
  • Forum posts: 6

Aug 3, 2011, 4:39:47 AM via Website

Thomas Tan
Yes nothing happen. I try press the end button to end a call but nothing happen. I always end my called by slide down from above the screen and press the red colur phone icon to end the call. My provider say that they won't change a new phone to me but will take to service.

I want to know if this is software problem or the phone problem?
If it is a software problem i can wait for the update. I try to search this problem in the internet but nothing show up.

Just bought my chacha yesterday and I'm having the same problem. The red button just doesn't end a call. It's irritating for an otherwise very nice phone. Did anyone find out what the real problem is and what is the fix?

Steven Blum

Aug 3, 2011, 9:51:43 AM via Website

Hi T K,

I looked around but couldn't find anyone with this particular problem. I'd recommend trying to update the software and, if that doesn't work, performing a hard reset or bringing it into the shop.

-s

amy white

Aug 3, 2011, 2:05:05 PM via Website

in the top left hand coner of my htc chacha there is a blue box with a exclamation mark in it . I dont know what it means and dont know how to get rid of it can anyone help ?:)

T K See Tho

Aug 3, 2011, 5:41:07 PM via Website

Hi Steve,

I did a reset to factory default and now it works. Although I have to hold the button down for about 0.5s for it to take effect. I'm happy with my phone now. Thanks.

T K

gail scott

Aug 3, 2011, 7:48:34 PM via Website

I have got a new Htc Chacha n a blue box as come up with an exclamation mark inside it, i dont know how to get it off

Harry Jang

Aug 5, 2011, 9:32:06 AM via Website

I had the same problem just like Thomas ans T K,
and holding down the button solution did work. but there are still some problems
like the call button, when I press the button for like 2 seconds, the bluetooth voice dialer box pops up

is this a hardware problem?

Steven Blum

Aug 5, 2011, 9:39:15 AM via Website

Harry -- Yeah that's not supposed to happen. I would have someone look at your phone.

T K See Tho

Aug 6, 2011, 5:31:33 PM via Website

Hi Harry,

Mine's the same: hold down the call button - I get the bluetooth voice dialer, and hold down the end button I get the screen chooser (like pressing home button at the home screen). I think that's a feature ;)

Resetting my phone back to factory default and wiping out everything got my end call button to work, so I think it looks like a software thing.

T K

Nikki Jones

Aug 7, 2011, 2:31:53 PM via Website

Hi, hope you can help me?

I clicked yes to intergrate my facebook phonebook onto my phone but I now can't delete the contacts imported. I've only had the phone a day, so there's probably an easy solution.

Please help!

Thanks, Nikki

Steven Blum

Aug 8, 2011, 9:48:45 AM via Website

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for your question! Go into "People" and click the menu button at the bottom of the screen. You'll see a number of options. Click on "view," and you'll see a list of accounts that have synced to your People app. Uncheck "Facebook for HTC Sense" and hopefully that'll eliminate all your Facebook contacts from your phonebook!

-s

Nikki Jones

Aug 9, 2011, 4:23:41 PM via Website

Hi Steven,

That has definitely made them disappear but has not solved it completely. When I try to add a new contact with the same first name as some one from my facebook list, it automatically jumps back to the facebook list and so is not shown. Is there any way I can permantly delete the facebook contacts?

Thanks, Nikki

lucy a

Aug 12, 2011, 10:23:22 PM via Website

Hey iv just bought this phone and so far so good. The only thing that i have noticed and wondered if anyone else has, is sometimes when i double tap the spacebar in messages it doesnt produce the full stop. It only seems to happen on some of my text message threads but after coming from an iphone and using this feature alot it's annoying me being so hit and miss!

Would be great to know if anyone else has experienced this or if I have turned it off some how on some of my message threads.

kane entwistle

Aug 13, 2011, 6:46:35 PM via Website

I have the htc cha cha and up till now it has been fine but there are just a few things i would like advice on
My wireless keeps on disconnecting and sometimes will not connect at all, any ideas?
Also when im sending a text message it tends to shoot up to the top of the message list.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Steven Blum

Aug 15, 2011, 10:22:01 AM via Website

Hi Gail!

Does it happen when you're typing the "sym" or 0 key? This error has been documented by other HTC ChaCha users as well.

Definitely looks like a bug. Try updating your phone to the most current version of the software. If it doesn't go away, I'd recommend a hard reset.

Rose D

Aug 15, 2011, 3:46:14 PM via Website

Hey i had this problem , switch off your phone remove yr battery and put it back again ,on yr phone there you go its Gone..... have fun enjoy fr HTC Cha Cha;)

Crlowie

Aug 15, 2011, 11:34:25 PM via Website

I have the same problem and cannot fix it - I've tried updating the software but restarting it ?? How ?
Also, does anyway have a problem in downloading music onto it ? I have a HTC Cha Cha

Kate Thompson

Aug 17, 2011, 11:35:10 PM via Website

Hi,

I have had my ChaCha almost a week now and love it but the problems i have as many i notice have, is the exclamation mark in the corner. It does disappear when i take the battery out but comes back again. I've also done a factory reset which resolved the problem...so i thought but it's back again and i can't get rid of it! Also i have tried to unsync (if that's what you call it) all my facebook contacts but it's just not happening!

Steven Blum

Aug 18, 2011, 11:25:16 AM via Website

Hi Kate,

You need to update your phone. That should help.

-s

Kate Thompson

Aug 18, 2011, 12:18:54 PM via Website

Hi and thank you,

I've already tried to update it but it said 'All applications are up to date.No new updates are available' :-/

Zoey Shaw

Aug 28, 2011, 2:09:09 AM via Website

Hi, I bought a HTC Cha Cha and whenever I go on apss central or market it says im from overseas.
Is there any way i can fix that?

— modified on Aug 28, 2011, 2:10:07 AM

Deactivated Account

Aug 28, 2011, 8:03:46 PM via Website

Hi. I need help! Got my cha cha a couple of days ago as my upgrade. I can connect to my wifi but can't search anything. Only got google homepage. my wifi works as family and friends use it. I can get online with other people's wifi, but not my own. I'm stumped! My mobile Internet won't work either if the wifi is connected. Have had the handset replaced in case of fault but no different. Contacted network provider and was emailed step by step setting to follow but this doesn't work either. They don't know another answer, just gave me HTC phone number for help, but I can't get through til Tuesday. HELP!!!!

Steven Blum

Aug 29, 2011, 9:59:21 AM via Website

Hi Justine,

So the WiFi isn't working on your HTC Cha Cha. Are you sure you have entered in the password? Does your network have advanced security, perhaps?

I would contact your WiFi carrier and see.

amy s

Aug 29, 2011, 9:19:42 PM via Website

Hi, ive had my chacha about two months now and i love it!! however today it decided that whenever i was typing out a text it would save in drafts when i press the 'S' key, go to google mail when i press 'G' and a few other annoying things. Ive tried alot of things such as changing settings, turning the phone on and off but i cant seem to get it back to normal,
hope someone can help!

amy

Zoey Gilbert

Sep 14, 2011, 1:06:15 PM via Website

Hi, my HTC ChaCha won't connect to WiFi either even though I've put in the password and it remembers it. My iPod has no problems at all.

Steven Blum

Sep 14, 2011, 4:09:34 PM via Website

Hi Zooey,

Hm. I'm not sure. But try to make sure you've enabled your phone to connect with WiFi. You can do this by going to the Notification Bar, clicking "Quick Settings" then checking the box by the WiFi symbol. Have you installed any battery-saving apps? Those can mess with WiFi, as well. Also make sure you're not in Airplane mode. If your phone still can't connect to WiFi it could be a hardware defect.

-steven

Jolynn Joclynn

Sep 21, 2011, 5:22:11 AM via Website

I just bought my HTC ChaCha last few weeks ago~Its so adorable~But what make me headache is my FbChat~I dont know why sometime my Fb friends msg me but i cant receive it through the FB Chat.Not cant get it~but it is toooooo slow to receive~HELP ME PLEASE~

Aamina hassan

Sep 27, 2011, 9:19:46 PM via Website

hey
the touchscreen is not responding properly for my htc chacha and i brought it last week. And sometimes it goes to my phone when i touch the screen

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 28, 2011, 2:04:24 PM via Website

When you say it's not responding properly, what exactly do you mean? What's it doing exactly?

keshya beebakhy

Oct 7, 2011, 5:59:39 PM via Website

Hi i have a htc chacha and i was wondering how do u delete an app on ur display screen???? I put it on accident and i want to delete it off but i don't want to remove my app just cos of that. Thanks in advance. Xoxo

T K See Tho

Oct 8, 2011, 6:53:27 PM via Website

Hi keshya,

just tap your fingure on the icon of the apps on your screen and hold down for half a second. An trashcan icon will appear on the lower right side. Now drag your app icon to the trashcan and that is it.

You just deleted the launcher icon not the app. You can add it back anytime later.

seetho

Gemma G
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 10, 2011, 8:22:34 PM via Website

hi, i only got my htc chacha yesterday so im not completely sure on the features and things... i have the blue square with the explanation mark in it.. what do i click on to 'update software' to get rid of it? also i have tried to get the facebook contact numbers off my address book, but it doesn't completely get rid of them.. is there anything i can do so if i type in a number or name they don't automatically come up?
thankyou!
Gemma

Gemma G

Oct 10, 2011, 8:35:34 PM via Website

Nikki Jones
Hi Steven,

That has definitely made them disappear but has not solved it completely. When I try to add a new contact with the same first name as some one from my facebook list, it automatically jumps back to the facebook list and so is not shown. Is there any way I can permantly delete the facebook contacts?

Thanks, Nikki
this is what happens with me.. please help because it keeps coming up and i dont want them to come up automatically..

Foo S.
  • Forum posts: 25

Oct 11, 2011, 12:25:09 PM via Website

I have an Xperia Play but this is how I can turn off the facebook contacts that don't have a listed telephone number on my phone:

1) Go to contacts
2) Press the Menu button
3) Press the Filter button
4) Turn on the top option "Only show contacts with telephone numbers"
5) Click on the facebook account button on the same page (this should bring up a new drop-down menu)
6) Unclick the "all contacts" option in the facebook account tag
7) Click okay.

Done!

Gemma G

Oct 11, 2011, 8:27:56 PM via Website

ah, thankyou very much!
i will try that out :-)

Thanks a lot!

Abbie Power

Oct 12, 2011, 10:41:32 PM via Website

Anybody know how i can transfer my stuff to an SD card? the internal memory on my phone is poor and i have to delete most of my texts or images every night so i have room for the next day.. ive tried to move to SD card from the settings.. it comes up with 'Failed to move application. System updates cannot be installed on external media' this is for my gallery and my text messages.. driving me absolutely up the wall.. :(