HTC Sensation — Very Strange Lockscreen Problem

• Replies:5
Android Addict
  • Forum posts: 111

Jun 29, 2011, 9:35:41 AM via Website

This just happened to me a little while ago, and it kind of freaked me out. I was turning on my HTC Sensation and the lockscreen appeared only in the top part of the screen, and the rest of the screen was black. I couldn't turn on the phone because the ring that you need to drag to do so was located in the darker section of the screen that I couldn't see. Finally I just grabbed at the darkness and and pulled the ring up and it turned on as normal. Haven't had the problem again and not sure why I had it in the first place...

— modified on Sep 26, 2011, 7:00:55 PM by moderator

Jerald Fayorsey
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 7, 2011, 3:34:47 PM via Website

I also had a similar problem. The bottom of my lock screen was on the top half of the screen and the bottom was black. I wasnt able to pull the ring up because there was no space for it to go so i had to reset it. This has happened twice today in about a 40 minute time interval. I have no idea why. I haven't done anything unusual with the Sensation.

— modified on Sep 26, 2011, 7:03:29 PM by moderator

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jul 7, 2011, 3:45:01 PM via Website

I think this sounds like some very strange glitch. I heard an HTC Sensation update is coming soon, but haven't been able to install it yet. Let me know when you do...maybe the problem will go away then. :grin:

— modified on Sep 26, 2011, 7:03:40 PM by moderator

Tommy Villumsen

Jul 8, 2011, 11:35:54 PM via App

I have tried this once. I rebooted the phone, and then it was okay again. I don't know what has caused it, but I have seen other report this. I have gotten the new update for the sensations firmware, but can't tell you if it helps, since the problem hasn't reoccurred. :-)

— modified on Sep 26, 2011, 7:04:04 PM by moderator

gigi haiisu

Mar 28, 2012, 11:45:16 PM via Website

The bottom part, right where the locksc
reen is placed is getting verry hot especially when playing games, I think this might the faimos causing problem of the lockscreen.

yet I have another peculiar problem, from time to time, my screen is turning on and off in a random way, the phone is 2 was old so it shouldn't be a problem with it since the soft is not modified in any way.

any ideas?

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Mar 29, 2012, 11:26:09 AM via Website

Sensations also have a history of overheating. It's somewhat normal, unless it's literally too hot to handle. My old Sensation would get very hot, especially with live wallpapers and / or demanding games.