HTC Sensation — tiny camera button pain

• Replies:3
Tyler Ryan
  • Forum posts: 13

Jul 20, 2011, 11:23:51 PM via App

does anyone know if we can download a bigger on screen camera button? it's too small!

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jul 21, 2011, 10:33:05 AM via Website

I have the same problem with my Sensation. I wish that, like on the new Sony Ericsson phones, you could just click anywhere on screen to take a picture. I use Retro Camera a lot, though, and that app's got a bigger button in the upper right hand corner for snappin'.

Tyler Ryan
  • Forum posts: 13

Jul 22, 2011, 9:49:16 PM via App

thanks for the tip. it would be neat if we could download an app that would assign the volume keys as camera shutter buttons, too.

does anyone know if there is there a way to set the camera button by just tapping the screen?

Zhu Lee
  • Forum posts: 28

Sep 19, 2011, 11:35:44 AM via Website

There is no app for that but if you want to change the UI you can do it with a custom rom like core Droid and bullet proof custom Roms. Ive no experience with it myself but I do know a couple of people who got both up and running and it worked well for them. But if you dont know what you are doing it could brick your phone or otherwise do damange to it. So this isn´t for the faint of heart.

Check our the root forum if you want more info on rooting or installing a custom rom.