Scratched HTC Sensation Screen. Any solutions?

• Replies:8
Marcel Jennings
  • Forum posts: 56

Aug 3, 2011, 10:20:35 AM via Website

So I've scratched my HTC Sensation screen with my key while it was in my pocket. I know it's a stupid thing to do and all, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a technique to fix scratches on the screen without ordering a new phone? Tell me if I'm way off here, but is there something for phones that works like taking scratches off your car windshield?!! :blink:

Marcel Jennings

Aug 9, 2011, 10:40:51 AM via Website

Thanks for the tip. No I don't have insurance because I bought the thing off of Ebay (I know bad choice on my part)

The car polish suggestion seems interesting, but risky. If I get the wrong kind it could potentially ruin my phone....

I'll keep looking for a solution.

Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Aug 10, 2011, 12:50:50 AM via App

I'm not sure what the screen on ur phone is made of but if it's plastic based there are a miriad of products that removes scratches from clear plastic such as motorcycle windshield's and helmets. Can't imagine it would ruin ur phone and I think might just work
that's why I have a holster! never in the pocket:-)

— modified on Aug 10, 2011, 12:52:47 AM

Marcel Jennings

Aug 10, 2011, 9:46:11 AM via Website

Ok I know I am not the most conscious and safe Android user. I'll try investing in once of those protection screens, but I don't feel like getting anything bulkier than that.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Aug 10, 2011, 9:59:01 AM via Website

That's weird because I always keep my Sensation in my pocket, near my keys, and have never had a scratch. I thought Gorilla Glass had me covered...now I know I should be more careful.

Angela O'Sullivan
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 14, 2011, 8:01:11 AM via Website

Hi I had a samsung which had a badly scratched screen and I used a product called displex, whilst it didn't make the screen perfect it was considerably better than it was before. Give it a go here is the link to buy it on ebay
[Link removed by administrator]
Use a screen protector when you have used this product to prevent this happening again. Hope it helps!

— modified on Aug 14, 2011, 10:59:41 AM by moderator

Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Aug 14, 2011, 7:23:27 PM via App

I'm just curious but why was the link removed? they can be helpful....

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Aug 14, 2011, 9:13:05 PM via Website

It looked like spam. Is the ebay link your offer?