Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 — Samsung Galaxy Note Q and A!

• Replies:17
Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Sep 8, 2011, 5:21:33 PM via Website

Hello everyone,

Here at AndroidPIT, we were lucky enough to be the first site to post a hands-on video with the Galaxy Note. Aaron Tilton, a writer here, was one of the first reporters to get his hands on the device and he's here to answer all your most pressing questions. So ask away!

John Ziersch

Sam Buchbinder
  • Forum posts: 71

Sep 8, 2011, 5:26:46 PM via Website

Hey Aaron, the stylus looks pretty impressive, but does it really work so smoothly with no drag time at all? And could I really use the stylus to draw a picture? Did you try doing so?

Marvin Cleaver
  • Forum posts: 150

Sep 8, 2011, 5:31:21 PM via Website

Hi Aaron,

Did anyone drop any hint at all how much this device might cost?

Di Tao
  • Forum posts: 55

Sep 8, 2011, 5:32:42 PM via Website

Did it feel awkward using the tablet as a phone? It's soo big..

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 8, 2011, 5:40:09 PM via Website

@Sam Yeah, literally no drag what-so-ever. The smooth operation and instintanious reaction was really impressive. If you want to see what you can do with the S-pen check out my profile pic. There were artist roaming around the Samsung all doing sketches of patrons. While the sketch function was impressive don't get hung up on that. It's that the only cool function of the S-pen. You can also use it to edit film and photos a la Photoshop in real time and incorperate your works directly into email, text messages, and googlemaps that other users can get access to regardless of whether or not they are using a Galaxy Note. Addition, there is a built in screen capture function on the S-Pen, which allows you to quickly take a picture of whatever you are viewing, comment on it, and ship it off to others via email. I personally can see a range of business and educatonal applications for that type of functionality which more then impressed me.

I did a write up and hands on video of some of the more impressive features here if you're intrested.

— modified on Sep 8, 2011, 5:51:05 PM by moderator

Aaron Tilton

Sep 8, 2011, 5:46:48 PM via Website

@Marvin I was given the chance to ask one of the head developers alot of quesitons but because of legal issues I'm not allowed to mention his name or exact position. He did tell me that no price was offically set because its often dependent on provider but he did indicate in his wondefully polite Korean way that this wasn't going to be a cheap device or as he said "It will belong to the higher end of the price spectrum."

Judging by what I saw , the device is packing some major technology (check out our exclusive preview for the exact spec sheet) and with the flawless performance on display at the IFA, I can tell you that Samsung put alot of time into quality control. I don't know an exact number but I'd say take a look at what a Galaxy tab costs in your area and go up from there.

— modified on Sep 8, 2011, 5:51:21 PM by moderator

Aaron Tilton

Sep 8, 2011, 5:51:29 PM via Website

@Di You know I talked to the developer about this and he said they ran through lots of differnt formats before deciding on the current one and the current profile was the one most fav. by their focus groups. Yes its big, but given the focus on multimedia I don't see how they could have gotten it any smaller. One of the other staff writes and I ran it though it's paces at a pre-launch viewing and it actually does fit in most pockets quite well. I think that's because of how thin it is really. Though I have to admit if I had one of my own I'd be buying a case as soon as I can. The Super AMOLED screen is brilliant and actually (I'm very serious about this) caused me to gasp when I first saw it spring to life. I love the format but it also screems highend and probably isn't going to be a handset you'd want to take out to a bar with you.

— modified on Sep 9, 2011, 9:48:32 AM by moderator

Neil Luck
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 9:39:24 AM via Website

Hi All,

I have only just discovered these forums so have signed up straight away.

I have had my Galaxy Note for three days now and absolutely love it!

I have come from an HTC Desire S and cannot begin to describe the difference. The Note is bigger (obviously) but in a good way. It doesn't feel unmanageably so and the screen is oh so gorgeous. The dual core processor makes things so much faster and snappier too.

The stylus works a treat and is very very smooth to use. In terms of accuracy, it's too early for me to comment as I have never used one before, so have nothing to compare with.

I have already started to fill it with apps but am now on the look out for a decent case to protect this beautiful piece of kit.

I feel a long and happy relationship building here.

Aaron Tilton

Jan 19, 2012, 10:47:05 AM via Website

Heh man I am really really envious of you! I got to play with the note before it went public at the IFA and I fell in love with the tab/phone. I would have loved to smuggle one out but Samsung knows their way around securtiy... ahh well... I'd check out some of the leather back replacements that have a wrap-around front cover. They are the most pratical i.m.o and give the whole device a much more professional appearance.

Have fun with it!

DylanKean1

Feb 6, 2012, 3:54:32 AM via Website

Thanks. It is useful to help to make the desition.

Steven Blum
Hello everyone,

Here at AndroidPIT, we were lucky enough to be the first site to post a hands-on video with the Galaxy Note Case. Aaron Tilton, a writer here, was one of the first reporters to get his hands on the device and he's here to answer all your most pressing questions. So ask away!

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 6, 2012, 12:18:27 PM via Website

I think that once this device gets ICS, it would damn tempting to buy! Gonna hold off a bit and see what gets released in the next few weeks. Kind of wish it was quad core as well :(

Subramanian MV
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 6, 2012, 7:09:21 AM via Website

When are we expecting ICS for Galaxy Note. I did see a recent post, on ICS being officially available on March 15th for Galaxy S II. Do we have any scheduled dates (official or unofficial).

Subramanian MV

Mar 20, 2012, 7:09:19 AM via Website

Looks like ICS upgrade for Galaxy Note has been postponed to Q2, as per an update on 16th March. Is that true ... and is it global or is it specific to any region. Any ideas !!!!

Aaron Tilton

Mar 20, 2012, 11:06:18 AM via Website

1) that is true (I wrote the article :D ) 2) that will be a global launch of the ICS version for the Galaxy Note but each version then needs to be localized (languages changed, compatibility tested, etc.) for each carrier / country so there will always be a lag between when the update is released and when it goes live for your handset.

hajime

May 5, 2012, 2:54:06 PM via Website

Hello, the video shows that there is no noticeable lag when using the stylus to draw something. That is really good. However, when I tested several Galaxy Note in different stores, I experienced noticeable lag. Does anybody know how to make the Galaxy Note behaves like the one shown in the video? Thanks.

Martin Prasetio

Jun 20, 2012, 10:42:10 AM via Website

halo, i wanna know if galaxy note can change its background colour, like colour in the menu.. In my note its background colour is dark blue, but i saw elsewhere that others can be orange colour.. I can't find any option to change the colour in my phone setting.. Can we really change our note background colour???

Thomas Paul

Jul 18, 2012, 12:54:21 AM via Website

Hey all note users,

I have bought a new Note, and i just want to know some famous poker games for Note?