1) I will be using the tablet for :
Drawing, reading (both ebooks, and web pages, like fanfiction), writing, watching shows (via stream like youtube and other sites), listening to music, video chatting, e-mail, pictures
apps that need to be available
google play, amazon kindle, evernote,
It'd be nice if i were able to take a screen shot as well. And i'd like to be able to use some kind of stylus for when i'm writing and drawing.
2) $420 is the most I can spend.
3) I love the look of the ten inches it's very appealing to me.
4) I know a bit about android. I used to have an ipod touch, but switched to android a year ago. I love that you can customize it more. I love Go Launcher. I can figure out my way around a tablet, laptop, and phone pretty well. I'd like access to the android market. I don't think i'd be happy if I couldn't use most of the apps i've purchased for my phone on my tablet.
I am worried about one thing. I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I'm not stuck on the Samsung, but it was one that caught my eye. But it says it doesn't have any storage expansion. I'm used to putting a microsd card in my phones to put my music and pictures on. And with my HTC Thunderbolt, i use it for extra apps. I'm a bit worried i'll run out of space rather quickly.
This tablet will be the only one I buy for a few years. So, i want to make the best purchase possible for the money i'm spending.
5) I'm located in Northwest Pa, USA
Also, don't care to have it connected to a contract. I wont be using it in my car. I will only use it with wifi. Bluetooth I don't use. HDMI would be nice, but not a deal breaker.
I spend a lot of time in a hospital bed, so I'm hoping this will be a lot more portable for me than my laptop. And the hospitals all have wifi where I go!
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a bit overwhelmed, and on a fixed income, so this is a very important buy. A couple of different options would be wonderful! Thank You so much for taking the time to help me out!