Clock, alarm, calendar and birthday events widget

• Replies:12
Alexey
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 4, 2012, 11:22:51 AM via Website

Convenient time - a widget of the current time, date, day of week and time of next alarm activation, birthdays contacts and calendar events(including periodicals), shopping list of programs DrShopper and LazyShopper, with an opportunity to set each event the number of days before the event when it would be displayed in the widget.

Mission of the program: the withdrawal of the information required in current moment on a limited space of home screen.
The main widget 4x3, displays the current time, date, alarm clock, day of week, as well as a list of events sorted by the proximity of their occurrence. Next alarm clock activation time can be displayed just before going to bed - in the configured time interval. The year can be excluded from date string. Any event can be temporarily hidden, or, conversely, displayed permanently. Shopping list, can be easily hided / restored by tap on the widget. For each event, you can specify the number of days before the event when it would be displayed in the widget. This allows on the one hand, to inform about important events in advance (several days), and on the other hand, do not clutter up the widget by unimportant events - they can display the day or in the very day of occurence. In the future we plan to display other information. Clock and events can be displayed in individual widgets.

Features:
Clock widget:
- Opening a standard or set an alarm clock application (by tap on time), and application-calendar (by tap on the date or day of week)
- Displays the complete text of the month and day of week
- Ability to specify the time period (before bedtime, for example, 22:00-01:00) when the next time alarm clock will be displayed in large print, date and day of the week - reduced
- Setup the font of the current time

Widget events:
- Events of contacts
- Calendar events(local - do not need an internet connection)
- Ability to specify the number of days before the event when it would be displayed in the widget
- Set special visibility of any event: show always, hide, or the default
- Window with list of all events
- Short name of the contact
- Grouping of events by date
- Compact mode output events (separated by commas)
- Ability to mark any day as an output / worker

General:
- Widgets 2x1, 3x1, 4x1, 4x2, 4x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x3
- Displays a shopping lists of programs DrShopper and LazyShopper
- Customize color, font size, visibility of each component, as well as the presence of background widget
- Different date formats

One of the distinguishing features of the widget is the ability to define the number of days before the event when it would be displayed in the widget. Typically, there are many contacts with the specified days of birth, which is necessary to know only the day of their occurrence. This contact can be co-workers who just need to be congratulated (or buy a chocolate / flowers, etc.) in the event day itself. In this case we do not need to know about the occurrence of such events for a few days. On the other hand, there are specific contacts for the events which we want to know in advance (relatives, close friends) and to which we must be prepared (to choose and buy a valuable gift, etc.). Exposed default interval (number of days before) for contacts in 1 or 0, and setting the intervals for each particular contact, we can get timely reminders in both cases. Individual intervals are also useful for other types of events.

Download:
Clock and event widget
Google play

— modified on Jun 4, 2012, 11:25:37 AM

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Jun 5, 2012, 3:29:58 PM via Website

Getting really good reviews on Google Play so far. Nicely done!

Alexey

Jun 5, 2012, 3:37:39 PM via Website

Eric McBride
And what about the app itself?

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Jun 6, 2012, 1:19:43 PM via Website

Alexey
Eric McBride
And what about the app itself?

I havent tested it yet, but I will soon! I ll be sure to get back to you with some feedback as well.

Techy Foresong
  • Forum posts: 45

Jun 22, 2012, 10:19:37 AM via Website

It's a great looking widget. Just a few more color schemes needed to bring it to life. I personally prefer different shades of blue. ;)

Alexey

Jun 22, 2012, 10:32:54 AM via Website

Techy Foresong
It's a great looking widget. Just a few more color schemes needed to bring it to life. I personally prefer different shades of blue. ;)
There is a setting of background color and transparency in the latest version on Google play.

— modified on Jun 22, 2012, 10:33:31 AM

Angela Green
  • Forum posts: 492

Jun 30, 2012, 2:50:26 PM via Website

Just wanted to ask a question before downloading... do we have to set each event manually or does it read info from contact infos and facbeook info etc???

Alexey

Jun 30, 2012, 3:11:41 PM via Website

Angela Green
Just wanted to ask a question before downloading... do we have to set each event manually or does it read info from contact infos and facbeook info etc???
The application reads event info from contacts (but not facebook). No need to set each event manually. You can manually setup when (how many days before) each event wolud be displayed in a widget.Also application read calendar events. There is also a google task event support In the latest version in Google play.

Classique PSinternational
  • Forum posts: 31

Jun 30, 2012, 5:06:21 PM via Website

Will this be compatible with the latest "events" from Google+?

Alexey

Jun 30, 2012, 5:15:44 PM via Website

Classique PSinternational
Will this be compatible with the latest "events" from Google+?
Yes. Google+ events are shown in Google calendar. So on android device after syncronization Google+ events would be shown in widget. I've just checked this - it works.

Amie Conley
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 11, 2013, 3:47:53 PM via Website

This is a great events widget. I have one suggestion to make it better. I use the 4x1 version, and the cut off event on the bottom line isn't pretty. If there was an option to limit the number of events shown, that would help. Generally I would only want to see the next four events anyway, and this way they would all fit.

steffylorzy
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 12, 2013, 9:55:31 AM via Website

just downloaded google play

alext
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 16, 2013, 5:42:11 PM via Website

How can I set clock format to 24-hours (i.e. 19:30 instead of 7:30pm)? I see the screenshots that use this format, but on my phone it always uses 12-hour format. In system settings, 24-hour format is selected.