SLIDE METER - MEASURE THE WORLD
It is a new ruler based on accelerometer sensors inside our phone. It is a little tricky to get used to the gesture, but with some practice it can be really accurate. I would suggest to take a look at the tutorial video to make an idea of the potential use of this app:
You just have to
- hold the start button for 1 second
- slide your phone along the object you want to measure
- stop sliding and keep holding for another second
- release the button and get the lenght
With respect to other apps like smart measure (it uses the camera) is really accurate when measuring small objects (from 10 cm to 1 mt). Of course it is not exact, it can make mistakes of about 10-15%. Compared to other apps which draw a ruler on the smartphone screen it is not limited to the lenght of the smartphone.
There is also a traffic light on the top of the app which tells you whether your movement was correct or not.
- more accurate than camera measuring apps
- not limited by the length of the phone
- accuracy within 10-15%
- no more than 2 mt can be measured