created on Nov 26, 2012 10:55:03 PM
The PayPal Mobile team builds the latest PayPal products for users that are using PayPal on the go or at home away from a computer. As a Software Engineer in this team, you will enhance these existing products and develop new features the Mobile & Consumer devices industry has yet to see!
We are looking for passionate Principal Android Developers to join the team that works on the PayPal consumer application. If you really enjoy building innovative applications for Google Android platform and have interest in the latest Mobile technologies then this is your job.
• Work closely with business partners and internal product management to acquire a deep understanding of the Mobile products.
• Independently design, build and test complex multi-tiered feature areas based on high level requirements.
• Primary technologies will be Android, XML/JSON and HTML5
• Work with the system architect to create clean, organized code in an easily enhanced and maintained structure
• Coordinate with other teams within PayPal as needed.
• Write detailed technical documentation to allow easy hand-offs to other team members.
• 7-10 years of professional related experience
• 3+ years of Android experience developing enterprise applications
• Proficiency in Java/ J2EE
• Prior Web Development Experience (that has moved to mobile native apps) is necessary
• Ability to develop an application independently for the enterprise
• Passion for building beautiful User Interfaces, while applying core software engineering principles to build highly efficient native apps
• Familiarity with fundamental web and mobile technologies (HTML5, CSS, JS etc)
• Prior Development Experience with iOS/RIM/Symbian is a plus
• BS Computer science or equivalent
For immediate consideration please send resumes to gcolley(at)paypal.com
PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online. The service allows people to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With 106 million active accounts in 190 markets and 25 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global ecommerce.
Every day at PayPal, we are changing the way the world does business by challenging the status quo, innovating and enabling business between millions of people across the globe. What we do at PayPal has never been done before and it has a tremendous impact! We build BIG and NEW products to drive worldwide commerce. Be it the next mobile payments solution, or a high availability money movement platform, we solve problems on a scale you just can't find elsewhere. PayPal continues to push the boundaries of technology by investing in individuals who passionately believe in the potential of innovative technologies that make up a global market place.
At PayPal/eBay, no matter which of our offices, brands, or locations you call home, you'll discover consistent benefits that are intended to support you—in your work, your life, your passions, and your future. This is where innovation meets reality! Are you an individual who is ready to grow and join our global community? Would you just like to know more about our latest and greatest projects? We would love to talk to you about it!
eBay companies are proudly EEOC compliant