i followed the following however after i do number 6 select yes delete all data the next screen is asking for a password not going to number 7 help, this is the reason i am resetting, i have not registered this handset with google as i bought it from ebay and not got to that section so wondering if im sold a dodgy fone!
To perform factory/hard reset please follow those steps:
1. Turn the power off. Remove and replace battery.
2. Press and Hold the Volume Up, Home and Power button.
3. When the start up screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset"
5. Select "wipe data/factory reset"
6. Select "Yes -- delete all user data"
* Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select "reboot system now"
* Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
please help thanks