Get back deleted files from Android phone!

• Replies:14
  • Closed
Rich Steelerman
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 24, 2013, 8:53:56 AM via Website

FronI have a stock Galaxy Prevail. I was in my ES File manager and i was trying to delete those pesky icon images and there was way to many so i hit multi select and it asked if i wanted to select all images. So of course i'm gonna say yes.So then it asks delete all the images i click yes and immediately the screen went black and showed the loading symbol like i was waiting for them to delete. But it didnt do that before. Then im still waiting and it seemed strange. It was late so i went to bed. This morning when i went to send my girl a picture text. I go to select a pic from my Gallery and I've been collecting my pics for a long time! Im proud of my pics.When my freakin Gallery ever opened and im waitin for them to pop up ........ I ABOUT LOST IT I SAID OOHHH!!! HEEELLL!!! NOO!!! THE Only thing i could think of is deleting those icons! And hitting delete all. EVERY SINGLE PICTURE IN EVERY FILE WAS POOF!!! GONE!!! So my answer to that is HEEELLL!!!TO! THE FRIGG! NO! My question to you guys is this. Please! I did alittle lookin around cause apparently if your pics accidently get deleted and they were on you SD Card. They were BUT! I didn't Back them up! WTF! So im lookin in the Play store! I looked on Blackmart! there aren't SHYTE! For apps as far as Photo Data Recovery from SD card apps For that purpose as far as an android mobile app. That i could find.I dont have a PC. And Unfortunately! I can no longer charge the phone regularly cause its all screwed up.So i cant use a USB plug to plug in to a friggin PC! And Blah Blah Blah! Yeah! I know. But Does anyone know of an app a link or something i can just Download to the phone Have it search for my picture files and if they are there cause i haven't saved anything over them so They damm welk better be! And just re enter then back into.my gallery? Someone please Help me out here! Can it be done with an search like that from an app or any other alternative? Please! can someone give me some good news! I want my pictures back! Its killin me to look at my empty Gallery. So can i please get some ideas guys? You know how bad that sucks! lol!

— modified on Dec 4, 2013, 4:11:25 PM by moderator

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Mar 21, 2013, 5:28:59 PM via Website

Dunno if you're still looking for help, but there's an app called 'disk digger' which will scan your sdcard for deleted files. It's pretty effective, I'll add the link shortly.. It's for rooted phones only though.

Disk Digger

— modified on Mar 21, 2013, 5:31:43 PM

Sinkster

Naresh Shewkani

Archer00ro30
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 1, 2013, 4:33:32 AM via Website

How can I recover deleted photos and videos back from my Android Phone? Yesterday, my bother deleted many precious photos on the inner memory card of my Android phone. So, I am just wondering whether there is a way for me to get them all back. Do you have any idea? Do you know how to get back deleted files from an Android phone?
Help, please!

dr raj Shastri

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Nov 1, 2013, 4:08:16 PM via Website

Hi Archer!

Did you ever complete a backup of all your files and pictures onto your PC or Cloud service?

Apparently, even if your data gets deleted, it is still actually there unless something is written over it. You can try doing data recovery with some programs over the internet or an app.

Try:
Data Recovery
Wondershare Data Recovery
Undelete Beta

What I do to avoid this happening to me is have automatic updates to Drop Box, because I know how crappy it is to lose alllll your pictures! It has happened more than once ot me when I've lost my laptop and had them accidentally deleted.

Let me know how it went!

— modified on Jun 13, 2014, 11:48:52 AM by moderator

Alva0037

Nov 5, 2013, 3:56:02 AM via Website

Yes, you are right! There are ways for you to restore all your deleted photos and videos back from this Android Phone.

1). Have you made a backup of your Android Phone data on the Clouds or other drives?
If you have, you can absolutely copy them all back from the backup.

2). Apply a third-party data recovery program
But, unfortunately, you have not made any backup. A third-party data recovery program can help you out as long as these photos have not been overwritten by anything new on the same phone memory card.
So, what you should do now is to choose a proper program for your photos.

But, if you are not familiar with data recovery stuff, you can firstly use some memory card data recovery freeware that can deeply scan your card and restore your data as much as possible for free, such as Recuva, TestDisk and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

Note: I hope you can learn a valuable lesson to back up everything important on separate places in the future.

Archer00ro30

Nov 7, 2013, 3:12:16 AM via Website

Thank you for your nice help!
After reading your answers, I know that a data recovery program can be a really good way for me to go one now. So, I directly tried your mentioned data recovery freeware and finally restored all my wanted photos and videos back.
Thank you very much!!!

Archer00ro30

Nov 7, 2013, 3:15:34 AM via Website

Alva0037
Yes, you are right! There are ways for you to restore all your deleted photos and videos back from this Android Phone.

1). Have you made a backup of your Android Phone data on the Clouds or other drives?
If you have, you can absolutely copy them all back from the backup.

2). Apply a third-party data recovery program
But, unfortunately, you have not made any backup. A third-party data recovery program can help you out as long as these photos have not been overwritten by anything new on the same phone memory card.
So, what you should do now is to choose a proper program for your photos.

But, if you are not familiar with data recovery stuff, you can firstly use some memory card data recovery freeware that can deeply scan your card and restore your data as much as possible for free, such as Recuva, TestDisk and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

Note: I hope you can learn a valuable lesson to back up everything important on separate places in the future.
Thank you for your ways! Since I have no any backup online, I directly tried your second ways and your listed data recovery freeware. They all work well on my phone, especially the last one that had retrieved the most part of my original videos and photos. And I also learned to back up my important data well.
Thank you!!!

sandy green
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 7, 2013, 8:03:30 AM via Website

if you deleted them then recover them straight away then you'll 100% get them back, but if you've been using your phone a lot and over writing those deleted files... then your chance of getting all of them back will be slimmer. Try to recover your files, you'll need to be in debug mode then mount as USB, then follow instructions from there:
How to Recover Files from Android Phones
-_--_--_--_-

sandy green
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 13, 2013, 3:35:57 AM via Website

Good luck!

billfair

Nov 13, 2013, 10:22:22 AM via Website

Tips:All your deleted photos,video,music are still on your Android mobile or from SD card or Android mobile(such as HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc.).You can recover those deleted photos,video,music with Android data recovery software.You can get them back only One click to scan all lost photos & videos from SD card or Android mobile.

billfair

Nov 26, 2013, 10:18:34 AM via Website

Back up media & pictures
To back up your media and pictures, follow these steps:

Using your phone
Note: You must have a SD card installed.
From any Home screen, tap Apps.
Tap My Files.
Tap All files.
Tap sdcard0 to enter your device's internal memory.
Choose one of the following options:

To copy all of your files, tap the Menu key and then tap Select all.
Locate the media and picture files you want to back up. To the left of the desired file or folder, tap the check box to select the check box. Repeat as desired.
Note: Pictures and movies captured using the Camera application are stored in the DCIM folder and media may be stored in the Download folder or other folders.
Tap the Menu icon located at top-right.
Tap Copy.
Note: To move the file without duplicating it, tap Move.
Tap extSdCard. (SD card) to enter your external SD card.
If necessary, navigate to the desired folder.
Tap Paste here.
Note: If moving the file, tap Move here.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 27, 2013, 5:05:30 PM via Website

Hey @Rich, you should be able to get your images back (at least most of them, some might be gone because updates or something may have been written over them already), but you need to act fast. the suggestions already posted are worth a look, but you will really need to get ahold of the use of a computer if those don't work as simply as you hope. At the very least you've learned the lesson we all learn once (or maybe twice) before we start backing up photos regularly.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

jillgreen

Dec 2, 2013, 8:35:18 AM via Website

Have you got Photo Stream turned on? If so, check there. I deleted some pictures before by mistake but found that they were stored on the Photo Stream. You can then copy them back to the Camera Roll. Worked for me. Or you can try Photo Recovery to recover photos.

alexfairchild

Dec 4, 2013, 4:05:47 AM via Website

Photos and videos are the best means to cherish good old days. Many Android users said they have taken a lot of photos and videos in their daily life and store them on the devices. If you accidentally deleted some photos, videos or other media files from Android phone, or formatted the media storage, don't panic, some recovery tools can help you.

Doris Ou

Dec 4, 2013, 7:43:33 AM via Website

Sorry for hearing that, losing photos or videos from phone must be extremely miserable thing. I had such terrible experience either. Luckily for me, I got the files back with a[ at the end.