- You need to use a computer or notebook.
- ADB must be installed on your computer and the fastboot environment must be working on the same.
- Backup the data which is being saved on your phone’s internal storage memory. You can use our guides for learning how to save almost everything from your device, so don’t hesitate and use the same.
- Make sure your handset stay “alive” during the unlock operation; so if you notice that there is less than 60% power left, use the charger.
- Uninstall or just deactivate the security programs from your computer and smartphone; these tools might interfere with our work and we don’t want that to happen.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your One XL / One S.
- Download PJ8312000-OneX in 9android.net/gain-s-off-on-htc-one-xl-one-s/
- Place these files on the same folder as fastboot.
- Turn off the handset and reboot it into fastboot mode.
- Now, use the USB cable and connect the phone with the computer.
- On your computer open a cmd window (go to “Start -> run -> cmd”).
- Navigate through the folder where you have saved the downloaded files.
- On the command prompt window first enter the command: “adb reboot bootloader”.
- Once the bootloader is showed, on cmd type “fastboot oem rebootRUU”.
- Now, wait until the black HTC screen will be displayed, and then on the same cmd window enter: “fastboot flash zip ”.
- Again, you have to wait for a couple of minutes. At some point the following error message will be displayed: “FAILED (remote: 92 supercid! Please flush image again immediately)”.
- Then, you need to type “fastboot oem boot”.
- Wait for the handset to boot into Android; don’t press anything and don’t get scared if some error message will be displayed.
- Up next, enter the following three commands one at a time: “adb push soffbin3 /data/local/tmp/”; “adb shell chmod 744 /data/local/tmp/soffbin3”; “adb shell su -c “/data/local/tmp/soffbin3″.
- After a few second, type “adb reboot bootloader” and you are finally done.