Wireless Charging

• Replies:7
Anthony Muzonzini
  • Forum posts: 53

Aug 19, 2013, 1:03:46 AM via Website

Do you use a wireless charger on your phone? How does it work for you and do you find it useful?

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 19, 2013, 3:35:02 PM via Website

I've never used Qi to charge my phone but a friend of mine did. He bought into it for the gimmick of not having a cable (and I guess the convenience of just being able to leave his phone on the plate) but induction charging is slower, less efficient and tends to cause more heat build-up, so it's not something I would get into myself unless it became more efficient than cables.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Aug 19, 2013, 4:24:21 PM via Website

Hmm... I don't like the heat build up issue... that's good to hear. I've thought about it for a while, especially since Google has a wireless charger specifically for my device, the Nexus 4 (speaking of which, I think I should complain to them that their bumper broke! Not cool, google; not cool.) ... but sounds like maybe I should do a little research first, and possibly wait for the system to improve. Thanks for the info!

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Craig Meeks
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 22, 2013, 10:33:55 PM via Website

I use wireless charging as my primary everyday. There's something very awesome and convenient about just setting my phone down to charge. No wires or fumbling at all. Although, I can confirm that it does make it a tad warmer, not by much, but doesnt seem to matter since I charge my phone primarily at night.

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Aug 24, 2013, 8:49:16 PM via Website

Craig, do you find that it charges more slowly than wired charging?
Kris (or other knowledgeable human...), is it damaging the phone for it to get a bit overheated, or would you say it's not going to be severe enough to worry about?

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 21, 2013, 10:55:06 AM via Website

Excess heat is bad for your phone, but I doubt the amount of heat produced by Qi would be anything to worry about - there's a lot more heat required to bring on some serious meltdown and your phone would probably get hotter during a serious bout of gaming during normal usage. I'd like to know how ''charged'' the battery really gets though, compared to a cable charge.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

pluglesstech
  • Forum posts: 67

Dec 19, 2013, 6:56:37 AM via Website

I'm using a portable Qi wireless charger which specially designed for my Galaxy Note 3.
It's working fine.
Price Only $29.99

— modified on Dec 25, 2013, 7:42:56 AM

Atif Naser
  • Forum posts: 5

Dec 20, 2013, 5:43:31 AM via Website

Got the wireless charger kit for my S4 for $35, received it yesterday with nice package. This is so much easier to just pick up phone and go and place back down when I do not the phone in my hand. The only concern is it takes too long to charge fully, the working current is only 700ma, that is slower than 1a of cable charger. Here i have uploaded the photos:

The front is smooth, not cheapy plastic.

The back is little bit shiny plastic

Package is just fine since i do not need it anymore when i'm using the charger.

Admin edit: **promotions are forbidden**

— modified on Dec 20, 2013, 11:13:16 AM by moderator