Your biggest Pet Peeves when people use smartphones?

• Replies:7
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Aug 23, 2013, 3:37:59 PM via Website

My pet peeve: not silencing your phone, for example when:
I have to say that my BIGGEST pet peeve is when people are NOT silencing phones when appropriate. I feel like when people are sitting in the metro, should not have a loud bling or beep or ping or dingle jingle sound when they are texting. For Pete's Sake, don't have key tones turned on for typing up an SMS, because it's like nails on a chalkboard.:angry:

So what's your pet peeve? What really gets smoke coming out of your ears....

Henry B.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 110

Aug 23, 2013, 3:43:41 PM via Website

I love it when people use their phone to listen to music in public (without earphones) - the sound quality is fantastic and everyone gets to enjoy their music.....

Adam MooreNorthernbaygirl

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Aug 24, 2013, 8:44:56 PM via Website

My biggest pet peeve applies to feature phones too: talking loudly in a store, restaurant, other contained area with people who don't want to hear your end of a boring conversation. Honestly, people... they can hear you if you talk QUIETLY on a decent phone; there's just no need to shout. Uber irritating.

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Northernbaygirl
  • Forum posts: 52

Aug 25, 2013, 2:16:26 PM via Website

Selection/Keypress sounds drive me up the wall (also game sounds) , I cannot stand listening to music played through a phone without headphones (this applies especially to idiot teens blasting dubstep/skillrex), oh & if you do have the brains to use headphones, please don't turn the volume up so high that I can hear a persistant 'tch-tch-tch-tch', and pretty please if we are having a conversation and you get a text, don't INSTANTLY grab your phone to check it (fair enough if it's a call it might be important)

Dave Jarratt
  • Forum posts: 15

Aug 26, 2013, 1:10:56 PM via App

In the restaurant, and it's so damned quiet cos nobody speaks. It's all heads down with thumbs going hell for leather. Even the barman has his head down and the waiter is in the back

Miss Kat
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 29, 2013, 7:37:27 PM via App

I have 2 major pet peeves with people and their smart phones and phones in general.

1. When they're nearly yelling their conversation on the phone and they think they're the only ones around and what they're talking about should be behind closed doors as it's just trashy.
2. When you're serving a person and being polite then next minute their phone rings and they answer it while youre talking to them and they expect you to wait till their finished when you've got other people waiting. If they excuse themselves I'm all done with that but I'm not here to wait on them hand and foot. it's common courtesy. imagine if I answered the work phone when they were talking to me and I just fobbed them off.

Northernbaygirl

Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Sep 1, 2013, 10:26:41 PM via Website

Well, I have a few pet peeves when it comes to people with smartphones. Actually, It comes to cell phone users in general. It took me many, many years to get over it when people walk down the side of the road using an ear piece. I don't mean just talking, using the ear peice. I mean broadcasting everything like their talking to their imaginary friend. There are times, I still find myself thinking they might be crazy and just like to shout at themselves in public. Oh ya, also when people ride down the road on their bicycle with one hand on the handle bar and the other hand texting on their phone, completely unaware of everything around them. It's very common where I live. Arg, I hate it.

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

Angel Velez
  • Forum posts: 5

Sep 13, 2013, 2:06:04 AM via App

I hate it when you hear someone's phone in a movie theater especially when you hear and see the short clip about muting cell phones, no regard to the other people who came to enjoy themselves.. grrr... :-(