Which mobile service provider are you with?

• Replies:8
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Aug 23, 2013, 3:43:35 PM via Website

Depending where you live, there are usually many to choose from.
The main ones in the USA are AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint, but there are many more: Boost Mobile, Fun For Mobile, Simple Mobile and the list goes on.

What mobile carrier are you with & what type of plan do you have?

Northernbaygirl
  • Forum posts: 52

Aug 23, 2013, 10:46:09 PM via Website

I am in the UK, I'm currently with Orange. I'm on a 24 month plan paying £26 a month for 200 X-network minutes, unlimited texts & 750mb of data. I very rarely make calls so 200 mins is fine, unlimited texts is perfect for me but ideally I would like more data, it's not an issue at the minute as I am confined to the house so I'm just using the home wifi, but when I'm better I'll be out and about and hammering the 3g again.

Rajesh Kumar

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Aug 24, 2013, 6:08:27 AM via App

UK also, giffgaff. It's part of the O2 network, £12 per month gets me 250 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data. Ideal for me, though my Mrs pays £10 for 500 minutes & 1gb data.

Sinkster

Northernbaygirl

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Aug 24, 2013, 8:42:35 PM via Website

I use Straight Talk's bring your own device, so my provider is basically AT&T. I love it to death... signal's good, data's quasi-unlimited, price is way better than most. Been happy with it for a while now.

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Northernbaygirl

Miss Kat
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 29, 2013, 7:32:16 PM via App

I'm I'm Australia and I'm with Vodafone. I was with 3 since the beginning then merged over. I'm happy with my $30 monthly prepaid cap as I get unlimited free sms to anyone, $450 credit which in only sometimes use up and 500mb Internet data. In have wifi at home so I'm very content.

Mike Wood
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 30, 2013, 3:55:18 PM via Website

Cellular One of Northeast Arizona
full subsc.

Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Sep 1, 2013, 2:29:00 AM via App

I use U.S. Cellular. In Maine, they have the most coverage. I have a prepaid cell and a 2gig data plan with them.

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

Sam Carpenter
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 5, 2013, 3:12:32 AM via Website

I am with Solavei 49 a month unlimited voice,text and data. 2g of data

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Dec 5, 2013, 12:54:33 PM via Website

Hey @Miss Kat, I was with Optus for many years and was always pretty happy with my service (through some weird magic I even went 6 months without being asked to pay bills once!) but then after a stint abroad I went with Telstra and they were awful.

When I left the country again I went through an entire YEAR of calls and emails trying to get them to disconnect my service and wipe the charges they claimed I owed them. All while trekking in the Himalaya. So I will never use them again or recommend them, even if they have the best coverage.

In Germany (now) I was with T-Mobile because their network here previously, but switched to Blau.de recently for better monthly rates. In Canada I was with Rogers and they seemed fine too.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting