How do you REMOVE pre-installed and protected Applications on your smartphone?

• Replies:12
Peter Lindvall
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 3, 2013, 5:02:10 AM via Website

How to: Remove the applications, that came with the phone, that the OS won't let you delete?

I'm trying to remove the programs, that the phone came with... It will not allow you to delete these programs.

I appreciate any help!

TIA!

Peter

— modified on Oct 4, 2013, 3:05:24 PM by moderator

V Keerthi Vikram
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 3, 2013, 11:01:13 AM via App

if u can root it app can be removed

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Oct 4, 2013, 3:04:37 PM via Website

Hi Peter,

V Keerthi Vikram is right.

Usually, Android-based smartphones purchased through various carriers are bundled with specific branded apps that may or may not be protected. Users who cannot afford to buy free-of-contract devices might want to remove these applications without tempering with the operating system.

Unfortunately, carriers that bundle their own-branded 3rd-party apps install them right into the Android operating system and not on the memory card, like you'll usually see. Since a normal user won't have access to the Android OS where the app is installed, they won't be able to remove it.

Solution 1: Root
The only way to remove these third-party apps would be to root your Android device and receive the Super User status.

Solution 2: Task Killers
Removing a widget: any of these which are displayed on the homescreen can be easily removed by tapping and holding the shortcut of the widget and drop it into the recycle bin.

Removing Apps: Any other application that you might want to “remove” requires the installation of a third-party app called Advanced Task Killer, which can be installed from Google Play. These types of apps will ''kill'' the process from running on your phone and auto-kill the app from starting (booting).

Once you've done this, the app will only be seen in the app drawer, however you reverse the process by going into the settings of your Task killer.

Just because you've ''killed'' the app, it will still take up storage however it won't use any resources.

If the app isn't protected, it can easily be uninstalled with an Uninstaller app.

Hopefully this helped!

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Oct 23, 2013, 8:49:06 PM via Website

Clean Master is another app that does easy auto-kills. I've found that in combination with ATK, it works really well.

--I do a good impression of myself--

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 72

Nov 7, 2013, 11:27:32 AM via Website

hmmm ..... only rooting your device will help you in removing protected software !!:cold::cold::cold:

David Ivey

Nov 21, 2013, 12:17:06 PM via Website

If u have an android device running android 4.1 or higher just go to settings then applications & scroll over from downloaded apps to all apps where u can scroll down to the app u don't want such as vz navigator & click clear cache, clear data, force stop & finally disable after which the apps u disable won't even show up in ur app drawer nor will they run in the background

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Nov 28, 2013, 5:38:36 AM via Website

David Ivey
If u have an android device running android 4.1 or higher just go to settings then applications & scroll over from downloaded apps to all apps where u can scroll down to the app u don't want such as vz navigator & click clear cache, clear data, force stop & finally disable after which the apps u disable won't even show up in ur app drawer nor will they run in the background

But i think still they will be present in your memory and using the storage space !! So rooting and removing is the better option.

Karan Arora

Jan 16, 2014, 2:19:00 AM via Website

hi,

I have already removed my built-in apps using link2sd application and want to recover them all how do i can do that please help

please......

thank u

Sergio Modesti

Jan 16, 2014, 2:39:24 AM via Website

Want to know if I remove a pre-installed app, then, when for some reason I need to restore the factory settings, they will be back?

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Jan 16, 2014, 3:34:31 AM via Website

Yes, if you restore factory settings it should make everything exactly like it was when you started - even apps you deleted.

--I do a good impression of myself--

Helen Efthimiadis-Keith

Sep 8, 2014, 6:26:41 PM via Website

Hi all
What does rooting the device mean and how does one do it?
I have no idea
Helen

Jessica Hardin

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 4

Sep 29, 2014, 9:15:19 AM via Website

Hi,

You can easily remove the Pre-install Application by the help of two ways one by Setting option and another by MobileGo Android Manager.

By setting option you can uninstall the pre-install app by moving into the Application manager where you will get the three different categories "Downloaded", “ALL” and "SD Card" etc. View them and there you will find Uninstall option.
Below you have a link that will show the post that helped me to uninstall the Pre-install Android Application from my device.

:D(*)

— modified on Dec 9, 2014, 5:06:03 PM by moderator

Lucie Kruger

Dec 9, 2014, 1:40:52 PM via Website

Root your smartphone and download systemapp or superuser from the app store. But i would like to mention that rooting your smartphone will void the warranty of the phone.