DescriptionA different kind of email client. Instead of sending an email to a specific email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)... AskTheLocals allows you to send an email to a geographic location. For instance: Lost your dog at the park. Send an email asking the people in the park to help you find your lost dog. Want to know if a restaurant is busy. Send an email to the restaurant asking its current patrons if it is busy. Having a garage sale, notify the people in your neighborhood by sending them an email.
1) Find out if the band at the local bar is worth driving to see.
2) Lost your dog, ask the people in the park to help you find him/her.
3) Find out whats happening at your cabin.
4) Ask people at a local baseball game (your kids, friends etc) what the score is.
5) Own/Run a business.... ask the customers in your store to rate your service or notify them of a sale.
6) Traveling... ask the locals what restaurant you should eat at or what parts of the city to see/avoid.
7) Ask people in Japan how the recovery is progressing, or the people in Libya what is really happening in terms of the war.
8) Ask people if the fish are biting at your favorite lake.
9) Ask people at the big game to send you the pictures they take.
10) Ask people how to avoid the traffic.
How it works:
You send an email to a specific area/place (i.e. a bar, restaurant, stadium, park, etc). People in this area/place receive and respond to your email. This gives you first hand knowledge from the people that matter most... the people that are there... i.e. the locals.
In addition, AskTheLocals allows you to interactively browse emails asked by other users. Traveling to Paris... browse past emails to find that perfect restaurant or which hotels to avoid.
News organizations... this product is a great way to get information from the people directly affected by an event. I.e. ask people affected by a Tornado how much damage occurred... ask people in Libya how the war is effecting their lives. If you are interested in working with us please contact us at email@example.com
Note. I check email daily, if there is a feature you think I should add please don't hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org