DescriptionLearn all about the Borussia Dortmund with Dortmund Fan Club app! Be the first to discover the latest Borussians news and keep up to date with the latest news and gossip about the best club in the Bundesliga! Everything you need to know in just one place!
- Find out about the best players on the team :Roman Weidenfeller, Neven Subotic,Mario Götze , Marco Reus, Jakub Blaszczykowski , Mats Hummels , Kevin Großkreutz, Robert Lewandowski, Ilkay Gündogan and other great football players!
- Read biographies of players, as well as biographies of the legends who used to play football for Borussia Dortmund!
- Latest transfer rumors and transfer news: Borussia Dortmund new home kit, news, calendar, games and results, the Bundesliga Table and more!
- Livescore soccer trophies the club and squad-players and positions!
- Coming Soon - Discussion and Borussia Dortmund Wallpapers update!
- Get this app and find out the latest Borussians news!
- The best app for fans of the Borussians!
- Borussia Transfer News Rumors and gossip!
- Football latest news, schedule, fixtures and results
- Results of Borussia Dortmund VS Bundesliga and Champions League opponents!
- Legends Club: Stéphane Chapuisat, Stefan Klos, Karl-Heinz Riedle, Andreas Möller, Stefan Reuter, Lars Ricken, Manfred Burgsmüller, Michael Zorc, Jürgen Kohler, Matthias Sammer….
While many German teams were founded as gymnastics clubs, Dortmund were created solely as a football entity in 1909. They enjoyed some good results in the 1930s and 1940s but were unable to escape the shadow cast by arch-rivals FC Schalke 04. In 1947, a memorable 3-2 win in the Westphalia Championship final marked the first time the Black-Yellows had overcome the Royal Blues.
In 1956, a crowd of 75,000 watched Dortmund win their first German title with a 4-2 defeat of Karlsruher SC in Berlin's Olympiastadion. BVB defended their crown the following year with a 4-1 defeat of Hamburger SV with exactly the same team as the previous year, a feat never accomplished before or since. Dortmund had to wait for continental success, however, having been knocked out of the European Champion Clubs' Cup by Manchester United FC in 1956 and AC Milan the following year.
Dortmund started the inaugural Bundesliga season as German champions after winning their third title in 1963. The club lifted the domestic Cup in 1965 and went on to win their first European silverware the next season when they defeated Liverpool FC 2-1 after extra time to clinch the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup. However, a steady decline ensued which included a four-year spell in the 2. Bundesliga from 1972.
Revived by a 1989 DFB-Pokal Cup victory, Dortmund became a leading force in German football in the mid-1990s. Under the guidance of OttmarHitzfeld, BVB won successive titles in 1995 and 1996 having reached the 1993 UEFA Cup final where they lost to Juventus. Hitzfeld's side sealed a sweet revenge against the Italian giants in the 1997 UEFA Champions League final, triumphing 3-1 in Munich. They followed it up with victory in the European/South American Cup and Dortmund were again Bundesliga champions in 2002, but then endured another fall from grace.
The club turned to their traditionally strong youth department in the years that followed and coach Jürgen Klopp almost took his side into the European places in his first season, 2008/09. In the following campaign, the Black-Yellows finished fifth and consolidated their position back among Germany's elite, but it was in the 2010/11 campaign that Dortmund lifted their seventh domestic title.