This application is free, but you will have to buy at least one voice with inApp Billing into the application. (EUR 3.99/voice)
In case of issues, please write us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For questions and installation instruction, visit http://www.acapela-for-android.com/acapela-tts-voices-faq
You can now use natively 66 voices, perfectly integrated with the TTS Service (from Android 2.2 to 4.x).
Your Android device can now speak up to 30 languages: Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Chinese, Danish, German, Greek, Japanses, English (US, UK, India, Australia), Spanish (European and American), Finnish, French (France and Canada), Swedish (many dialects), Italian, Dutch (NL and Belgium), Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Russian, Turkish
Download the Acapela TTS Voices app, buy and download one or several voices, and get immediate capability to
- read aloud texts from your e-book or newspaper,
- navigate with Google Navigation or other GPS apps,
- hear real time translation
- learn languages with audio feedback
- give the say to a wide range of other TTS-enabled apps...
Of course, these voices are compatible with Android Accessibility features and screen readers (Google TalkBack, Code Factory Mobile Speak, …)
***** Download of voice data *****
1/ Tap the application icon. However, beforehand, heck that you have a valid data connection, as the app needs to contact the server to check voice status.
2/ If you have more than one Google account, select the one associated with your Google Play account.
WARNING: you will not be able to change this afterwards. In case of error, uninstall the application and install it again.
3/ Browse the list of voices retrieved from our servers.
4/ Tap on a voice and a menu will appear:
• ‘Listen to the voice’ will read you a sample sentence
• ‘Buy’ will open an in-app Billing window, asking for confirmation of your purchase
5/ After purchase, the voice will appear with a green arrow icon. Click on it and choose ‘download’ to retrieve the voice data from our servers.
6/ The voice will be downloaded from the servers. Note: the amount of data to download is between 20 & 30 MB. If you don't have a ‘flat’ data plan, consider connecting your smartphone to a Wi-Fi access point instead of using your GPRS/3G connection.
7/ If errors occur during downloading, please check that:
• Your device has a valid data connection
• The SD card is available and not mounted on your computer
• Your device hasn’t lost the network connection while downloading
In case of permanent error, restart the application and/or retry later. If the problem persists, select ‘Log’ in application settings and describe your problem.
***** Default Android Engine *****
8/ If this is the first time you have downloaded a voice, you will have to set up your device in order to set Acapela TTS as the default TTS.
• Go to Android ‘Settings’ and browse to ‘Voice Input & Output’ -> Text-to-Speech Settings’.
• Scroll down to the ‘Engines’ list (Not for ICS 4.0)
• Check ‘Acapela TTS’ in order to enable it among the default engines.
• Scroll up and go into ‘Default engine’ ("Preferred Engine on ICS 4.0)
• Select ‘Acapela TTS’ again.
9/ If you have installed several Acapela Voices, you can also select a default voice and language into the settings
• Go to Android ‘Settings’ and browse to ‘Voice Input & Output’ -> ‘Text-to-Speech Settings’.
• If not yet done, set Acapela TTS as a default engine, as described in 8/
• Go into the Language configuration and select your preferred Acapela Voice. (On ICS 4.0 and higher, Language configuration is available after a click on the setting icon, on the right of Acapela TTS)
10/ Press "Listen to an Example" (mandatory, in order to activate the voice)
By downloading this software, you accept implicitly our licensing agreement: http://www.acapela-for-android.com/license-agreement