* Customers are able to shop any of Amazon's sites around the world from a single app
* Quickly search, get product details, and read reviews on millions of products from Amazon and other merchants
* Take advantage of 1-Click ordering, customer support, Wish Lists, order tracking, and more
* Compare prices and check availability instantly by scanning a barcode, using Flow, or typing your search
* Check out Gold Box Deals - including the Deal of the Day and Lightning Deals, and get deal push notifications
* Send and share links to products via email, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, and more
* Shop the full selection of products available at Amazon.com
* Buy with confidence, knowing that all transactions are securely processed
The Amazon app lets you shop and manage your Amazon orders from anywhere. Browse and shop by department, compare prices, read reviews, share products with friends, check out Gold Box Deals, make purchases, and check the status of your orders.
Check prices and availability by scanning a barcode, using Flow, or typing your search. You can also stay on top of Lightning Deals, the Deal of the Day, and ship and delivery confirmations with push notifications.
With the Amazon App, you always have full access to your Shopping Cart, Wish Lists, payment and Prime shipping options, Subscribe & Save order history, and 1-Click settings, just like on the full Amazon.com site.
All Amazon App purchases are routed through Amazon's secure servers to encrypt and safeguard your personal information.
Important Note Regarding Permissions
Please note that the Amazon App requires access to the following services to operate properly:
* Camera: The camera is used to scan barcodes and for Flow, a new way to search for multiple items quickly.
* Location: Location permissions are required to support the convenience store delivery service offered by Amazon in France and Japan. Customers in those locations can request delivery to a convenience store near their current location. This service is not available in other countries supported by the Amazon app.
* Account: Account permissions are used for integration with Facebook and other social networks you have connected to your device to allow you to share products with friends and family.
* Phone calls: within the app you are able to place a call to Amazon Customer Service. Tap Menu > Help & About > Contact Us > Call Customer Service, and we will place the proper number in the phone app and dial it.
* Phone status & local storage permissions are required to support notifications in China. Data on phone status and local storage is used only in China.
OS Requirements: Requires Android OS 2.3 or higher and a rear-facing camera.
The Amazon App for Tablets is available on Google Play. Search for "Amazon Tablet" to install the app and begin shopping.