DescriptionWhen your phone is ringing, Caller Locator uses the incoming telephone number to display the caller's geographical location (country, state, ...). This can help determining who's calling when incoming number is not in your contact list. This is even more useful for foreign numbers the origin of which is sometimes hard to determine alone.
Install this application now and just wait for the next call!
Note: Certain lock screens prevent this app from displaying the location of the caller when the phone rings. In this case, it is completely useless, you can uninstall it and you don't have to post a bad comment ;-) I'll try to fix that soon if I can. Nevertheless this app currently runs over 30000+ devices so it works on them at least, including the Samsung Galaxy S3 that I tested successfully myself.
Caller Locator also provides three additional features:
* Add personal telephonic prefixes to recognize big organizations you know or be more precise for locations of which you know the prefix.
* Vibrate at the end of a call to confirm that the conversation has ended.
* Display the call duration when call ends (beta).
* Calling country is always mentioned.
* When the call comes from a land phone, a more precise position (such as state, region or department) is given for certain countries: U.S., Canada, India, United Kingdom, France, Switzerland.
* When the call doesn't come from a geographical number (mobile phone, VoIP, special number, ...), the name of the operator is provided for certain countries: France.
* The main screen of the application is only for configuration purpose. The application is active since its installation.
* Locating the caller is only based on the incoming phone number.
* So this application does not physically geolocalize the caller because to date, this is not technically feasible.
* Mobile originated calls will thus always be localized as if calls were emitted from their original country.
* The localization process can thus also be wrong if caller has a ported number.
* The localization can be impossible to achieve when the phone, its SIM card and the calling country do not match (travel or imported mobile)
* Access to contacts: needed to prevent displaying location of your known contacts when this option is active
* Read phone state: to detect phone ringing etc.
* Hardware controls: to vibrate at end of calls when this option is active
* Note that this app requests no network access and so cannot steal any information on your device
100% free - no ads - SD card install possible - very few rights required