DescriptionDesigned with a typical train trip in mind, TripLens gives you details like distance to upcoming stations, current speed and more using the GPS receiver in your Android phone. Download TripLens and you'll never have to ask - How far is the next station?
* Offers true real-time satellite based tracking with details like remaining distances, current speed and time since crossed stations
* Is capable of working without cellular networks
* Covers all railway stations of the Indian Railways network
* Covers over 2300 trains including all Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Jan Shatabdi, Duronto and Sampark Kranti trains
* Runs silently in background
* Saves all tracking progress for later viewing
* Automatically pauses tracking and notifies when you reach your destination
* Intelligently adjusts GPS usage to maximize battery life
* Manages each tracking session as a 'Trip' which is essentially a railway route. A Trip can be created by selecting a train, choosing stations or by a combination of both. Trips can be saved and retrieved for later/repeated use.
TripLens requires GPS to be enabled on your phone. It is recommended (but not required) to have your data connection enabled for a quick GPS fix. The data connection can be safely turned off once TripLens starts providing updates. A GPS fix depends on several environmental factors such as GPS signal strength, satellite visibility and weather. Any combination of these factors may contribute to a slow GPS fix.
TripLens requires that you select the correct stations and have them in the right sequence when creating/editing trips. If you're not confident of the station selection/sequence, consider selecting a train.
TripLens automatically adjusts GPS usage to conserve your phone's battery. However, continuous tracking may consume significant amounts of battery. Have a charger or a spare battery handy if you plan to track your trips for long periods.
TripLens presently covers the Indian Railways network.
This application is ad supported.