DescriptionA route tracking app and logbook for Android
*** This is the full version of LD-Log. If you would like to try it first, search for the free version ***
LD-Log is designed to track your routes over an extended period of time using the phone's GPS device.
Waypoints are taken either manually or automatically with a user-definable interval set in minutes. As such, the app is designed to consume very little battery power and run for a prolonged period of time, depending on your settings.
LD-Log is ideally suited for logging long distance journeys, multi-day trips with slow or predominantly consistent movement, as well as for other situations for which a precise, second-by-second tracking path is not needed. Typical examples include offshore sailing (for which it has special built-in features), long distance hiking, cycling, canoeing etc.
The editable waypoint-list for each route of your trip let's you create a detailed record or navigation log of your complete journey.
- runs in sleep mode even with long waypoint intervals
- runs in parallel to other GPS-enabled apps
- designed primarily for use without an internet connection
- includes a map view with editable waypoints (internet connection needed for map display)
- user-definable units for date, distance and position
- export routes as GPX files or open them directly in GPX-capable apps
- unlimited number of routes (i.e. trip-days) per trip
- export trips as GPX files or open them directly in GPX-capable apps
- save and load trips
- create a trip report (logbook) as a text-file
- special features for offshore sailing: separate distances under sail / engine
- advanced GPS settings (multiple fixes, min number of satellites, min signal-to-noise ratio [SNR])
to export route and trip files to sd-card
to use the GPS device of your phone
for map view
* system tools
to prevent phone from going into sleep mode while taking a waypoint
- press the menu button to access the main menu
- touch the tabs to navigate to the trip-, routes-, route-, or waypoints displays
- press + hold on the trip- or route-screen to access all options
- press on a route in the routes-list to load a route
- press on a waypoint in the waypoint-list or touch a waypoint in map-view to edit a waypoint
- press + hold on a route in the routes-list or a waypoint in the waypoint-list to access more options
- perform a GPS-initialisation before logging a new route in order to obtain the first waypoint fast enough
- users are advised to modify the advanced GPS options with care, as power consumption might increase unnecessarily. Also, if setting combinations are too extreme relative to the waypoint timeout setting or the capabilities of the phone's GPS-device, there is a possibility that the device will fail to obtain a waypoint, regardless of signal quality. Extensive testing should be done before using this feature.