DescriptionLD-Log (GPS Long Distance Log)
GPS TRACKING APP AND TRAVEL DIARY / LOGBOOK FOR ANDROID
Document your journey in words and pictures.
LD-Log tracks your travel routes using the device's GPS receiver and can be used without an internet connection. Waypoints are taken either manually or automatically with a user-definable interval set in minutes. As such, the app is designed to consume very little battery power.
The editable waypoint-list for each route of your trip lets you create a detailed diary of your complete journey. Add photos to your waypoints by shooting them directly from LD-Log or importing them at a later time. Trips, routes and journals may be stored in many different ways.
LD-Log has an optionally usable sail mode for offshore sailing which makes it possible to keep a complete nautical ship's log.
LD-Log is being used to document a wide range of travel situations in which a second-by-second tracking path is not needed: hikes, bicycle tours, cruises, city walks, voyages, road trips, ship and boat tours, photo geotagging, collecting geo locations (POI), etc. - for professional usage or on holidays.
### This is the full version of LD-Log. If you would like to try it first, search for the free version ###
- minimal power usage
- works without an internet connection
- runs in sleep mode, in background and in parallel to other GPS-apps
- editable waypoints (diary / logbook function)
- quick menu for immediately adding waypoints with text entries or photos (no waiting for GPS necessary)
- multiple images for each waypoint possible (direct capture or image import)
- map view with editable waypoints (internet connection needed for map display)
- user-definable units for date, distance and position (supports UTM WGS84/ETRS89)
- unlimited number of routes (i.e. trip-days) per trip
- export trips, routes and waypoints as GPX files and send them or directly open them in GPX capable apps.
- GPX export settings (path type, waypoint data)
- create a travel report (travel diary / logbook) as a text or HTML file; this can include images and be sent/opened directly as well as exported to other apps
- save and load trips, with a detailed overview of all saved trips
- manual destination entry in any of the supported coordinate units, detailed destination display
- enhanced map-functions (screenshot saving, destination marking, image display, position info (distances / bearings), latitude dependent scale, etc.)
- advanced GPS settings (multiple fixes, min number of satellites, min SNR)
- minimum log interval time of 30 seconds
- sail mode: separate distances under sail / engine, standardized nautical logbook entries: waypoints (state of engine, state of sails, wind-/sea- and weather-conditions with user-definable units), routes (fuel/water levels, boat checks), trip (boat name, call sign, MMSI)
- LD-Log does not record altitude information as pertinent data tends to be too inaccurate. Users may add a precise elevation profile post-trip - e.g. through GPX-import in Google Earth.
- storage: to be able to export files
- location: to be able to use the GPS receiver
- network: for map view
- system tools: for recording in sleep mode
- press the title bar of LD-Log to get manual and help information.
- or download the in-app help from http://www.ld-log.com/
Languages: English, French, German
Read selected user comments and reviews at http://www.ld-log.com/