DescriptionPodax is a podcast downloader and player. It automatically downloads new podcasts on an RSS feed, has a widget for easy control, and can import subscriptions from Google Reader.
Podax has reached version 4.0! Email email@example.com with problems or comments so I can make Podax the best podcast app on the Market.
- keeping a list of subscriptions
- downloading new podcasts when they are available
- importing subscriptions from Google Reader
- importing subscriptions from OPML
- two widgets for easy pausing and resuming
- discover popular podcasts from iTunes or other Podax listeners
- open source development at Github
Icons are made by The Working Group and are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license.
Here's what Podax does with the permissions that it requests:
Internet: Updates subscriptions and downloads podcasts
Write to external storage: Stores downloaded podcasts and subscription images
Get and use accounts: Podax can import subscriptions from Google Reader - great for Google Listen users
Read phone state: Pauses the podcast when you're on the phone
Access network state: Gives you the option to only download podcasts while you're on Wi-Fi to avoid using all of your data
Boot notification: Sets up the updater and downloader when the phone starts so you don't open Podax after rebooting to find out that it didn't update in a while