DescriptionAirBubble is a lightweight AirPlay audio receiver. It will appear in AirPlay applications (such as itunes) as a device you can play music to. It works in the background, streaming music to your Android device.
This version is fully featured but will exit 30 minutes after each app start (you can start the app as many times as you want). This can be unlocked with the AirBubble License app.
- stream audio from AirPlay clients (itunes, iOS, airfoil, ...)
- run in the background as a service
- configurable network name
- can be started on boot
- supports audio focus (mute or lower volume on external sounds)
- supports tethered USB or WiFi connection (may require rooted device in some case)
- Audio only, no video
- does not play in sync with other Airplay receivers
- does not work with RaopX on MacOS X and the raop module for pulseaudio on Linux
- does not work yet on GoogleTV
Examples of use:
- stream your itunes music to your Android device with Hyperfine Remote for iTunes
- wireless speaker or headset
- recycle older or broken Android devices as a dedicated networked speaker