DescriptionTravel creates about a third of all the world’s carbon emissions. Do you know what makes up your transport footprint?
CarbonDiem makes sense of your movements to show you your carbon emissions from transport and calories burned by walking and cycling. And it’s all automatic. Just take your phone with you and it will figure out whether you’re travelling by foot, road, metro, rail or air.
You can see a diary of your travel on the phone, make any corrections or edits, and see how the different types of transport make up your travel footprint.
How does it work? It looks at your speed, location and pattern of movement for clues that give away how you’re travelling. From that and the distance you’ve travelled, it can work out the carbon emissions using UK government standards.
And it’s totally private because your location and route never leaves the phone (unless you opt in to our improvement programme in the settings, or have been asked to join by your employer).
* Fully functional in Europe (elsewhere air and road travel)
* Edit your travel history by clicking the icons in the ‘Travel List’ screen
* Add journey legs by clicking the ‘Add’ button at the bottom of the ‘Travel List’ screen
* Swipe left or right to see different charts on the ‘Compare’ screen
* Tap the icons in the legend to show or hide transport modes on the ‘Compare’ screen
* CarbonDiem still works even without data roaming. so it won’t add any of those nasty data bills while you’re abroad.
* Battery usage is increased, but we hope it’s less than you expect - let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The app permissions explained:
* Your Location: Used to identify transport mode. Location and route does NOT leave the phone unless you choose to share it.
* Network Communication: Allows the app to transfer a backup of your carbon emissions data, so that your emissions history can be automatically reloaded onto your phone if the data is wiped by an OS upgrade, ROM flash, or new firmware, for example. Also allows the app to update its emission calculations with any improvements.
* Storage: Stores your emissions history and other data essential for running the app in the CarbonDiem folder on your SD card. NO other files or folders are accessed.
* System Tools: Run at startup and wakes the phone up very briefly to analyse journeys even when your phone is in your pocket. It does NOT stop the phone from going back to sleep.
We would love to get your thoughts at email@example.com.
This version has been tested on:
Samsung Galaxy SII
Samsung Galaxy SIII
HTC Desire S
HTC Desire HD
HTC One X
Sony Ericsson Xperia
LG Optimus One
LG Optimus G
Please let us know how it works on your model.
See our FAQs for more: www.carbondiem.com/help.xhtml
* Also known as Carbon Diem