DescriptionControl enables users to create their own interfaces for controlling musical, artistic and virtual reality applications. It is built on top of the WebKit rendering engine and allows users to define their interfaces via JSON files. Features include:
- Outputs Open Sound Control (OSC). MIDI coming soon!
- Handles multitouch on devices running Honeycomb
- Bi-directional communication: use Control to set values on your computer, use your computer to set values in Control
- Dynamically add and manipulate widgets via OSC messages
- Reads and outputs data from Accelerometer and Compass sensors (on applicable devices) with adjustable update rates
- Auto-discovery of wireless networks via Bonjour
- Interfaces can be pushed to the phone via OSC or downloaded from the web
- Supports both portrait and landscape interface orientations
- Interfaces work on both phones and tablets (tested on Droid and Asus Transformer)
If you've never used wireless MIDI or OSC before, Control (and all other wireless MIDI / OSC apps) will have a little bit of a learning curve to get started. Please visit the Control support website!
NOTE: There is currently a bug that causes landscape interfaces to scroll if used after a portrait interface on Android 2.2 and 2.3 devices.