DescriptionUse your phone as a webcam on your PC over WiFi, or USB. You can also use DroidCamX as an "IP/Surveillance Camera" via your Internet browser virtually on all networks.
PC Client (and some setup) required. Windows or Linux clients available. Follow in-app messages.
It is recommended that you try the FREE version of Droidcam first to make sure everything works (PC client is same for both versions).
- Chat using "DroidCam Webcam" on your computer (Skype/Yahoo/MSN/etc.)
- Various video formats and resolutions
- IP/Surveillance Camera via your Internet Browser (No computer client required, will work on almost all networks/computers)
- MJPEG video feed accessible by other apps and programs
- Turn on Camera Flash LED light, Zoom
** If the Market fails to download the app, log on to your Google Checkout/Wallet account, Cancel the order and try again.
** Some of the features are only available if your phone is running Android 2.2+
* Windows client has experimental Audio support ("DroidCam Microphone"):
- Available on Windows XP - 7 as an optional install
- 64-bit Windows will block the audio driver by default (extra steps needed to activate)
- Not available via Bluetooth
- On Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) audio recording is delayed, not allowing DroidCam to stream and play-back smoothly. This seems to be fixed as of Android 4.0.