DescriptionUse your phone as a webcam on your PC over WiFi, USB or Bluetooth. You can also use DroidCamX as an "IP/Surveillance Camera" via your Internet browser virtually on all networks.
PC Client (and some setup) REQUIRED. Windows or Linux clients available. Follow in-app messages. It is recommended that you try the FREE version of Droidcam first to make sure everything works (PC client is same for both versions).
- Chat using "DroidCam Webcam" on your computer (Skype/Yahoo/MSN/etc.)
- Various video formats and resolutions
- Audio support* ("DroidCam Microphone", experimental)
- IP/Surveillance Camera via your Internet Browser (No computer client required, Will work on almost all networks/computers)
- MJPEG feed accessible by other apps and programs
- Turn on Camera Flash LED light, Zoom
** The latest versions of Skype (6.xx) may not detect DroidCam, please check the Help section at dev47apps.com.
** If the Market fails to download the app, log on to your Google Checkout/Wallet account, Cancel the order and try again.
** Some of the features are only available if your phone is running Android 2.2+
* Audio support is experimental:
- Available on Windows XP - 7 only, as an optional install
- 64-bit Windows will block the audio driver by default
- Not available via Bluetooth
- On Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) audio recording is delayed delivered in larger chunks, not allowing DroidCam to stream and play-back smoothly. This seems to be fixed as of Android 4.0.