DescriptionProference automatically controls your settings with profiles, rules, actions and conditions.
Even the earliest phones had profiles - 'Work' , 'Quiet', 'Library' and so on.
The latest 'smartphones' have dumped this in favour of making users micro-manage the myriad of settings on their devices.
Proference gives you the control back - you tell Proference when you want settings to kick in and it takes care of it automatically!
Proference maintains a tiny footprint and uses negligable RAM and CPU so you can rest assured that Proference has your back!
Simple example: When the phone is plugged in, you want the screen to be full brightness.
- Create a rule called 'Plugged in'
- Add a 'plugged in' condition
- Add Settings action which sets brightness to 100%
Medium example: You want Wifi to come on at home, but stay off (to save battery) at all other times.
- Add a location called 'home' and train it.
- Create a rule called 'home' with a
- a condition 'In location home' and a
- Settings Action which turns on Wifi.
Complex example: When you are in the car, you want to turn on Bluetooth, turn up the media volume, start another app (MusicPopup) and say 'car mode'.
- create a rule called 'In car'
- add a 'bluetooth device is nearby' condition and select your device from the list
- add a Settings action which turns on Bluetooth and sets the media volume
- add a 'Say...' action and type in 'car mode'
- add a Broadcast action which sends the command to start MusicPopup
You can also create rules from templates - click 'add a rule' and then click the 'Templates' button and select from dozens of templates and customize to your heart's content.
When you combine OR and NOT conditions, the possibilities really start to open up. For instance, you could create a 'Near Wifi' Rule which turns on Wifi if you are near Home/Office/Starbucks.
# Actions #
# Conditions #
#TAGS profiles, settings, locale, automatic, automation, automate, tasker, SettingProfiles, EasyProfiles, toggle settings
The free release gives you everything but with a limitation to 3 rules. If you want more, download Proference Unlocker.