DescriptionCLEVELAND HISTORICAL is a free app that puts Cleveland history at your fingertips.
Developed by the Center for Public History + Digital Humanities at Cleveland State University, Cleveland Historical is a mobile application that provides an interpretive view of the region's history. Find interesting people, places and events in Cleveland history, and even take curated historical tours of the city. Each point on the interactive GPS-enabled map includes historical information about the site along with historic images from Cleveland's top archival institutions. Many sites also include audio clips and short documentary videos based on the more than 500 oral history interviews from CSU's Cleveland Regional Oral History collection. Perhaps best of all, Cleveland Historical is a collaborative project with stories created collaboratively by teachers, students, professors, and community members, and curated by the Center for Public History + Digital Humanities.
If you see a historical site or topic that is not covered in your area of the city, check back often because we will be adding new material on a monthly basis. If you would like to suggest a site or become involved in developing digital stories, reviewing content, or collecting regional history please contact us.
You can find us on the web at csuDigitalHumanities.org; you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can find us on Twitter @cphdh.
• Interactive map with 100+ historical locations and topics at launch
• 100+ additional sites to be during 2011, with new sites added or revised every month
• Historic images
• Oral history audio
• Documentary videos
• Search and browse topics or use the map to see nearby points of interest
• Concept and historical content: Center for Public History + Digital Humanities, Cleveland State University
• Graphic design: Epstein Design Partners (epsteindesign.com)
• Software development: DXY Solutions (dxysolutions.com)
• Department of History, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
• Michael Schwartz Library (Cleveland State University)
• Educational Service Center of Cuyahoga County
For more information about this and other projects, please visit: