DescriptionSega Genesis/Mega Drive, Sega CD, and Master System/Mark III emulator based on portions of Genesis Plus/Gens/Picodrive (GPL), designed and tested on the original Droid/Milestone, Xoom, Galaxy S2, Nexus 7, and Xperia Play, but works on many devices with similar specs. MD.emu features accurate emulation is able to properly display graphics in game such as Panorama Cotton, Star Control, and the VS mode in Sonic 2. Sega CD support is currently considered beta, please do not report game-specific issues with it yet.
* Very accurate sound emulation with high quality re-sampling
* SVP chip support for Virtua Racing (needs a fast device)
* CD emulation via loading CUE or TOC+BIN files (requires USA/Japan/Europe BIOS)
* CUE files support external audio tracks in Ogg Vorbis & Wav (PCM, ADPCM, etc) formats
* 6-button controller and 4-player multitap support
* Gun support (Menacer and Justifier)
* Cheat code support using .pat file format (same as Kega Fusion, Gens, Genesis Plus GX, etc.)
* Backup memory and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for save states.
* Supports ROM-based games in .bin, .smd, .gen, and .sms formats, optionally in zip files
* Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls in addition to keyboard controls (up to 4 touches supported at once), and an Xperia Play optimized button layout
* Multiplayer-capable Wiimote/Classic Controller/Wii U Pro Controller, iControlPad, and Zeemote JS1 support (Wii controllers not yet working on Android 4.2), also works with any generic Bluetooth/USB gamepad supported by Android
No ROMs are included with this app and must be supplied by the user. A number of public domain games/demos are available at www.pdroms.de. Transfer games anywhere to your internal storage/SD card and browse to them from within the app (default SD card directory is /mnt/sdcard).
Follow me on Twitter for updates about my apps:
Visit the homepage at explusalpha.com for more info, ports for other platforms, and my other apps (including Snes9x EX). Please report any crashes or device-specific problems via email (include your device name and OS version) so future updates continue to run on as many devices as possible.