DescriptionSince its founding in early 2008, the Gun Rights Radio Network (GRRN) has expanded to some 19 regular podcasts.
Collectively, the Gun Rights Radio Network brings together young and old, male and female, black and white in a broad spectrum of strong and articulate voices that speak for Constitutional Rights, human rights, and protection of the innocent, as well as a celebration of the centuries-old lore of firearms.
In alphabetical order, the regular podcasts include:
- Armed Citizens Podcast comes from 2nd Amendment activist Mick McArt, bringing the listener a mix of useful news and essays that touch on gun owners’ civil rights.
- Citizen Armed is the newest podcast in the group. Spencer Bennett subtitles his cast “How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love My Gun.” Personal protection and home security are among the topics, which encourage safe fun with guns as well as more serious issues of personal rights.
- Firearms Café features Tony Brown, offering a broad overview of political and activist thinking related to gun ownership.
- Gun Dudes features Tom, Carl, Stan, and Travis who bring a youthfully exuberant touch of Generation X to the graying world of gun ownership advocacy. Hilarious humor is leavened with serious commentary and news from actual incidents of armed citizens’ self-defense.
- Gun Rights Advocates is Mark Vanderberg’s own podcast. Mark has tirelessly worked for positive change in the political arena, and his casts often bring a “you are there” flavor as he reports on a given political demonstration or similar event.
- Gun Rights Alert as its title implies, brings up to date alerts from gun rights organizations to people to busy to keep track of the multiple sources on their own. Alan Richmond is the producer.
- Practical Defense features Alex Haddox of Los Angeles, who combines a strong martial arts background with practical crime prevention tips suitable for people from all walks of life. A pro-Second Amendment show, Alex’s cast is particularly useful to non-gun people for its crime prevention content, while getting a pro-gun-rights message across to that often-neglected audience as well.
- ProArms Podcast consists of a group of eight competitive shooters, most of whom are connected with the firearms industry: preditor Gail Pepin, host Steve Denney, along with Massad Ayoob, Chris Christian, Herman Gunter, Mike Larney, and Jon and Terri Strayer. Content ranges from interviews with gunfight survivors, top instructors, gun industry execs, and pistol champions to round-table discussions of certain types of defensive firearms.
- Gun Nation comes from Doc Wesson, the pseudonym of a firearms industry professional whose shows range from interviews with other professionals to explanatory seminars on ballistics. A regular feature on Gun Nation is “Average Joe,” with detailed gun reviews that have created a loyal and appreciative audience.