DescriptionVendetta Online is a graphically intensive (300MB download), cross-platform MMORPG set in space, with a free trial and a $1/month subscription. Players take the role of spaceship pilots in a vast, persistent online galaxy. Trade between stations and build an empire, or pirate traders who dare to pursue routes through areas of lawless space. Fight other players, or cooperate with friends to push back the mysterious Hive. Mine ores and minerals, gather resources, and craft unusual items. Join the military of your nation, and participate in massive online battles (see the trailer). A wide variety of gameplay styles are available, from the the intensity of huge battles and realtime PvP, to the low-key enjoyment of quiet trading and mining in less dangerous areas of the galaxy. Play the style of game that suits you, or that suits your current mood. The availability of relatively casual and short-term goals allows for fun when only a little time is available to play.
Vendetta Online is a subscription-based MMO, with a recurring cost under one dollar per month. Your account also lets you also use Mac, Windows and Linux (all versions play within the same galaxy), but the Android version includes several benefits:
- Single-Player "Free Play" mode: after completing the tutorial, a free-play sandbox sector becomes available, letting you perfect your flying technique and enjoy minigames while offline. This feature will be expanded in future patches, and will permanently be available to anyone with the game installed, regardless of whether they ever choose to subscribe. Enjoy!
- "Demo" mode: an extensive demonstration of pre-recorded network play, showing off the graphics and content that become available in Vendetta Online. This is completely realtime, and uses the game engine, it is not a video.
Additionally, be aware of the following:
- Trial time of 8 hours of in-game time. Play an hour a day for 8 days, or 8 hours all at once. No strings attached, find out if the game is for you.
- Subscription through the Market also allows play via PC, Mac and Linux, and visa-versa. All accounts are unified, and there is only one game universe (PC, Mac, Windows, Linux all share one galaxy). Switching between platforms is nearly seamless!
- Dual-core 1Ghz+ ARMv7 device, running a minimum of Froyo. Xperia PLAY Optimized!
- 500MB of free SD space recommended. The game uses about 250MB, but patches itself, so additional free space is advised.
- 512MB device RAM minimum, 1GB recommended. Anything less may experience force-closes, and is at your own risk.
- We suggest installing over Wifi (for the large download), but playing the game should use relatively little bandwidth, and works well over most 3G networks. You are responsible for monitoring your own bandwidth usage.
- If you experience a problem, please post to our forums so we can get more information from you. We fix issues as soon as possible, but we simply do not have *every* phone.
- Vendetta Online is MOGA Enhanced! Available at major US retailers and online at http://www.powera.com/moga
Caveats and Additional Information:
- The hardware intensity of this game often exposes device driver issues that remain hidden with other apps. If your device itself crashes, it is a driver bug! Not the game!
- This is a large and complex game, a true PC-style MMO. Do not expect a "mobile" game experience. If you take a little time to read the tutorials, you will succeed at the game much more quickly.
- The tablet and handset flight interfaces may take a little time to learn, although they are effective with some experience. The flight UI will be continually improved as we receive user feedback. Keyboard play can also be very effective (Asus Transformer, etc).
- We are a continually evolving game, often with patches released weekly. Our users are encouraged to help the game development process by posting to the Suggestions and Android forums of our website.