DescriptionAn update?! Say what?! It's about time!
* Widgets for Android 3.0 and up! Open as many channels as you want at the same time, from the home screen, multitask with ease! (Experimental)
* Android 4.1 and up: Chat without leaving your current app, choose 'Chat' from the notification! Tons of awesome
So many changes and improvements, give it a shot, this is totally worth your time!
This is still an early beta/alpha as it's not feature-complete. Please be sure to submit all Force Close errors.
chat about qicr on irc.freenode.net/#qicr
Please report any issues and feedback via IRC or email, comments are not monitored and cannot be addressed.
* Any UI glitches can usually be resolved by pressing back, and then opening the qicr running notification
* Physical keyboard input is forcibly sent to the input-line. Other text inputs need to be filled in using the soft keyboard for now. (e.g. add/edit server)
* Sometimes a channel stops sending/receiving output (please help in reproducing/diagnosing) -- possibly server disconnects without actually being reflected in UI
* No way to cancel connecting (can change the icon to say disconnect, but it doesn't stop)
* Rotating the device while on the add server dialog will clear the dialog and lose information that has not been saved
* Server Add/Edit dialog does not render well when switching day/night modes
* Nick colors (nicks are randomly assigned 1 of 10 colors to easily follow conversations)
* Unified, modern UI on Android 2.2 and up
* Lag timer (periodically ping self to determine connection lag; on servers tab)
* Configurable quad-mode channel navigation: swipe between all channels no matter the mode, choice of tabbed UI, a drop down menu in the actionbar, or drawer menu that slides in from the left.
* CTCP commands, including /ping
* SSL support
* BNC support (znc tested)
* Raw command support (/raw)
* Multiple-servers single-view
* Swipe and tab between channels
* Nick completion = search button (multi-tap capable)
* Full Honeycomb and ICS (phone and tablet) optimization
* Full external keyboard support on Android 3.0+ (ALT-1 through ALT-0 and ALT-Q through ALT-P = Tabs 1 through 20; CTRL-TAB and CTRL-SHIFT-TAB = forward and back tabs)
* /help for a list of implemented commands
* Speech recognition support, press the button and end a sentence with "over" to automatically send. Say "clear line" to erase the text area.
* New message notifications
* Monospaced font (DejaVuSansMono for pre-ICS) for proper text alignment.
* Nick colors
* Last read line marker
* Zebra-striping messages
* Font size customization
* Notification customization (ringtone and led color)
* Configurable command char (default /)
* SASL support (depending on demand)
* More /commands (/ping, /whois, /topic, /kick, /mode, etc.)
* irc:// URL protocol support (depending on demand)
* Implement android.app.backup.BackupAgent support
* IRC logs (do people really want this? 5-star show of hands ;-))
* Channel owner and super-op flags (for rizon, & and ~)
* DCC support, depending on demand
* Written in Scala, not Java
* Open sourced on github (https://github.com/pfn/qicr)
Beta, Lite and Premium details:
This is currently an early beta, bugs are present and features are still missing. Loyal beta users will be upgraded to the premium version automatically (in app) will require a google account authorization when it becomes ready (oauth to an appengine site). Once qicr lite leaves beta, it will be restricted to 3 open tabs or tabs can be unrestricted if one wishes to see ads. The premium version will be sold as a separate app. In addition to all of this, the app itself will be open-sourced, so those too cheap to pay for a Premium version can build it for themselves.